Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a taste for Rocky Patel

Default a taste for Rocky Patel

I have tried a couple different sticks fro Rocky Patel over the last two weeks and I have enjoyed them. I usually steer clear of a maduro wrapper, but I smoked a vintage 1990 maduro and really liked it.
    I was just curious as to how others felt about the Rocky Patel line and if you have any suggestions from their inventory.
    One of the most ironic parts of growing old is sitting down and enjoying a smoke with the children who used to sneak around behind your back to smoke a cigarette.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brotherdew View Post
    I have tried a couple different sticks fro Rocky Patel over the last two weeks and I have enjoyed them. I usually steer clear of a maduro wrapper, but I smoked a vintage 1990 maduro and really liked it.
    I was just curious as to how others felt about the Rocky Patel line and if you have any suggestions from their inventory.
    I used to like the Vintage '92 line, but I haven't bothered trying to find any in years.

RP always has great construction / burn / draw. They also have Gurkha syndrome where they're trying to put out a new line every week, which is tiresome.

The RP Edge / Edge Maduro are pretty good, but again, they're down the list on priority buys for me lately. Fuck the Edge lite and the OWR. They suck, IMHO.

Will

ETA: you could also do a search in the reviews forum, narrowing it down to "Rocky Patel"...a bunch of shit comes up.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

I dug the 1961, it's worth trying.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

The Decades have always been good smokes for me...

Blog Entries

I can't remember the last RP I bought. I might still have an edge or two and maybe a cuban blend or sungrown kicking around, and if I do it ain't because I'm "saving" them for a special day. So many other cigars I prefer in the same price ranges. Seems like he had fewer, yet better, lines when I first started smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Seems like he had fewer, yet better, lines when I first started smoking.
    That happens more often in life than I like to admit. You rarely find quality and quantity together.

I have to admit that I was turned off to the brand at first because of the abundance of product under the RP label. I picked up an Edge missile on a whim and licked it. I then bought a 1990 and enjoyed it. I picked up a 5er of the Evolutions and will try one after I let them sit a week or so in the Humidor.
    I'm not saying they are a game changer but I did like the Edge and 1990.
    What are some similar style sticks at about the same price range that you would suggest? I'm still trying to find that go to cigar.
    One of the most ironic parts of growing old is sitting down and enjoying a smoke with the children who used to sneak around behind your back to smoke a cigarette.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brotherdew View Post
    I have to admit that I was turned off to the brand at first because of the abundance of product under the RP label. I picked up an Edge missile on a whim and licked it. I then bought a 1990 and enjoyed it. I picked up a 5er of the Evolutions and will try one after I let them sit a week or so in the Humidor.
    I'm not saying they are a game changer but I did like the Edge and 1990.
    What are some similar style sticks at about the same price range that you would suggest? I'm still trying to find that go to cigar.

I have better results by clipping the cigar, and lighting it with a lighter...

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverMark View Post
    Why don't you just tell us what you've purchased lately...

It's alright. I almost posted an entire new thread for "what are you listening to" over the weekend

Uncle Tupelo

Why don't you just tell us what you've purchased lately...

It's alright. I almost posted an entire new thread for "what are you listening to" over the weekend
    Posted my update. The way things are going I should have 1000 posts by the end of the week.

Mark

Blog Entries

Posted my update. The way things are going I should have 1000 posts by the end of the week.

Mark
    I've patented the use of "accidental" posts for bumping one's post count... you'll need to find a different method.

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/threads/13391-test

Are you sure your patent is international and covers Canada? We do things "differently" up here.

Blog Entries

Are you sure your patent is international and covers Canada? We do things "differently" up here.
    I'll get back to you.

I have better results by clipping the cigar, and lighting it with a lighter...
    HAHA I didn't see that when I typed it. I meant to say that I picked one up. I'm use to having a proofreader go over my stuff at work.

Blog Entries

I have enjoyed the RP's I've tried. The Vintage 90, 92, Decades, and Sungrown are all good in my opinion. Sungrown is my fave of the line so far. I have had a 1961 since the summer. Maybe I will try it soon.

I'm a fan of RP's.

The ones I like to have in my humidor, and do have at present:
    - Vintage 1990 Robusto
    - Nording Maduro Toro
    - Decade Torpedo

I think I have about 10 left of each of the aforementioned.

I've also tried, and enjoyed, the Sungrown and The Edge. I've yet to try the 1961 and hope to some time soon.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

18. Default Hello

Hello i am Mode Way. I newly join this forum for discussion. I really found it very interesting. I love to smoke sigar. I like it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by modeway View Post
    Hello i am Mode Way. I newly join this forum for discussion. I really found it very interesting. I love to smoke sigar. I like it.
    < facepalm >

smells like spam!

Uncle Tupelo

< facepalm >

smells like spam!
    Hey! Vintage chandeliers! Yay!

Yay! Cigars!

Thread Information