Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
I have one very much like this: http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_large...HUM-300GR.html
I think there is a pic of it in the humidor thread. It holds around 200 or so mixed vitola's....seals very well, and has drawers for cutters, lighters, pipe cleaners, etc.....
Just don't buy the black tassel (seriously) version of this humidor found on eBay. I have the black tassel one; I took a hammer to it to see how it was constructed. Pressboard bottom of the humidor part; fitted, not glued in place so it leaks into the drawers. "Spanish cedar lining" was extremely-thin veneer; The floor of the tray was pressboard with spanish cedar veneer as well.

OTOH, my 'good' humidor was also an eBay purchase. A used 3/4" real wood, 3/8" full cedar lining, for under $100.

Seems hard to find a new real wood humidor until you get just over $1k. I'd probably get Staebell or Vanderburgh. (Well, I wouldn't pay that much, but in those you get what you pay for). The "Stogiefresh" special that Vanderburgh did was well-priced, but I don't know if those are still available.