Thread: Hello from the SE

Default Hello from the SE

I have been getting a bunch of info from everyone here so I thought it would be polite to say Hi.

My background with cigars started as a kid riding with my uncle and cousin home from a camping trip. My cousin and I thought we were super cool because we both just bought zippo lighters and smoked a few cigarettes on our trip that we stole from another uncle. Anyway, my uncle proceeds to stick this huge cigar in his mouth and my cousin and I rushed to see who could pull out their zippo first and light that big fat stogie for him. So he's got two brand new, shiny, beautiful lighters in his face ready to choose which one of us would have the honors. He proceeds to say with his stick in his mouth, sounding exactly like Leon Redbone..."Ah, let's see...which one shall I use. Let me hold 'em and light 'em and see which flame I like best." We eagerly handed 'em over, certain our own was by far the coolest. At this point he looks at them for but a second and tosses them out the window into the woods, never to be seen or heard from again. My cousin and I look at each other in complete disbelief as our Uncle chuckles and strikes a wooden match on his dashboard, still chuckling as he lets it burn past the sulfur.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    I have been getting a bunch of info from everyone here so I thought it would be polite to say Hi.

My background with cigars started as a kid riding with my uncle and cousin home from a camping trip. My cousin and I thought we were super cool because we both just bought zippo lighters and smoked a few cigarettes on our trip that we stole from another uncle. Anyway, my uncle proceeds to stick this huge cigar in his mouth and my cousin and I rushed to see who could pull out their zippo first and light that big fat stogie for him. So he's got two brand new, shiny, beautiful lighters in his face ready to choose which one of us would have the honors. He proceeds to say with his stick in his mouth, sounding exactly like Leon Redbone..."Ah, let's see...which one shall I use. Let me hold 'em and light 'em and see which flame I like best." We eagerly handed 'em over, certain our own was by far the coolest. At this point he looks at them for but a second and tosses them out the window into the woods, never to be seen or heard from again. My cousin and I look at each other in complete disbelief as our Uncle chuckles and strikes a wooden match on his dashboard, still chuckling as he lets it burn past the sulfur.
    Hello from Bitterville. Geeze, that intro is like a katmancross story...
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Welcome. I believe there is already a "never ending story thread".

Mark

Welcome
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Welcome from Lancaster County, PA.

Welcome!

Blog Entries

Welcome from central Oregon.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Welcome to the board.

Blog Entries

Welcome from AZ.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Welcome from Eastern Oregon.
    Just another day at the office!

Thanks for the welcome. There is so much information in here I just can't stop reading. Great forum!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. There is so much information in here I just can't stop reading. Great forum!
    You think a lot of information is posted, some time send a private message to one of these guys with a question, and just await the plethora of knowledge that hits you 30 minutes later when they respond.

Blog Entries

Welcome!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Welcome form SC.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Hi and welcome from Alberta, Canada.

I liked your story!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Thread Information