Thread: Done with my current smoke....looking for suggestions..NO MORE LaGloria SERIES Rs

Default Done with my current smoke....looking for suggestions..NO MORE LaGloria SERIES Rs

After much correspondence with General over my complaints about LaGloria Series Rs I am looking for a replacement. They are rolled so tight now that they will not stay lite and a real "head ache" to draw. I have smoked a box of Bellicosos a week for a couple of years now and you never know what you are going to get. I lve the cigars when they are right but the quality control at LaGloria has gone out the window. The box I am on now and last week's box were hard as a brick and impossible to keep lite. The tight construction made them fall apart. I am looking for a similar smoke if anyone has suggestions. thanks

2. Default

I doubt if i had that kind of problems with the La Glorias I would want a cigar similar to them
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

All cigars, from time-to-time, have manufacturing defects. My beloved Padrons, Anejo's, Ashtons, all of them. If the defects are too consistent for your taste, maybe look elsewhere. Maybe try the Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur 1066 line - those may be similar.

And welcome from central Oregon.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by ppgolf912 View Post
    After much correspondence with General over my complaints about LaGloria Series Rs I am looking for a replacement. They are rolled so tight now that they will not stay lite and a real "head ache" to draw. I have smoked a box of Bellicosos a week for a couple of years now and you never know what you are going to get. I lve the cigars when they are right but the quality control at LaGloria has gone out the window. The box I am on now and last week's box were hard as a brick and impossible to keep lite. The tight construction made them fall apart. I am looking for a similar smoke if anyone has suggestions. thanks
    You smoke a box of the same cigar a week?
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Default LaGloria Series R

I had a very nice, unexpected call this morning from General Cigar responding to my letter of complaint last week. The information will be passed along to the quality control folks at the factory. I hope they can fix the problem because I really do like the brand. And yes I do smoke almost a box a week of the same cigar. Usually one a side playing golf and always smoking when I drive and I am in my car quite a bit. I really don't care about jumping around from cigar to cigar. Thanks for the posts.

6. Default

I smoke a little LaGloria Series R in the past and in my memory they were pretty good. Maybe you should switch to something else.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by timlisten View Post
    I smoke a little LaGloria Series R in the past and in my memory they were pretty good. Maybe you should switch to something else.
    Yeah, usually when I find a cigar I like, I switch to something else and never smoke that one again.

squirly eyes!
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by timlisten View Post
    Hey, is that what you're gonna send us all?

Thread Information