Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smooth drawing cigars

Blog Entries

Default Smooth drawing cigars

Although I have had a cigar here and there for years I still consider myself to be a noob. I have determined that what I like more than anything else in a cigar is a good, smooth draw. The Fuente rolled cigars have been the best I have experienced thus far. I am looking for some suggestions outside of the Fuente lines that would provide a decent flavor and a great draw. Can all you experienced smokers give me a few suggestions?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    Although I have had a cigar here and there for years I still consider myself to be a noob. I have determined that what I like more than anything else in a cigar is a good, smooth draw. The Fuente rolled cigars have been the best I have experienced thus far. I am looking for some suggestions outside of the Fuente lines that would provide a decent flavor and a great draw. Can all you experienced smokers give me a few suggestions?
    JMHO, of course:

I've had good and bad draws on various cigars of various lines. Maybe I just haven't had enough yet, but Camacho & Padron have never had a tight draw for me. I like draws a little more on the light side, and to me these have always hit that mark. Flavor-wise most of each of those lines are good, but I've had a few duds here and there.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

3. Default

I find the smoothest drawing cigars to be the ones rolled on the thighs of Nicaraguan virgins. Determining which ones those are takes years of experience and study. I suggest you get started. I'm not giving up any of my secrets.

Doc
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Maybe you would like a Berger and Argenti Entubar. They utilize the entubar bunching process. Seems to me like this bunching process allows channels of air to run through the cigar. Since oxygen is key to combustion, this could be a good a thing!

Here's a page at Tobacconist University that I found very informative: http://tobacconistuniversity.org/tob...m-rolling2.asp
    Last edited by FightingFish; 02-11-2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: grammer hammer

Quote Originally Posted by FightingFish View Post
    Maybe you would like a Berger and Argenti Entubar. They utilize the entubar bunching process. Seems to me like this bunching process allows channels of air to run through the cigar. Since oxygen is key to combustion, this could be a good a thing!

Here's a page at Tobacconist University that I found very informative: http://tobacconistuniversity.org/tob...m-rolling2.asp
    Cool site. Thanks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc View Post
    I find the smoothest drawing cigars to be the ones rolled on the thighs of Nicaraguan virgins. Determining which ones those are takes years of experience and study. I suggest you get started. I'm not giving up any of my secrets.

Doc
    I'm going to start a religion where you get 16 cigar rolling Nicaraguan virgins when you die. Who's in?

Blog Entries

Doc
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    I'm going to start a religion where you get 16 cigar rolling Nicaraguan virgins when you die. Who's in?
    Virgins come in all shapes and sizes...some more likely than others if you catch my drift.

ETA: We're talking about female virgins, just to be clear?
    Last edited by badwhale; 02-11-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Uncle Tupelo

8. Default

Well i'm glad you made that clear, since you have a relativly small size 8 ass.

Doc.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Blog Entries

Well i'm glad you made that clear, since you have a relativly small size 8 ass.

Doc.

Uncle Tupelo

Are we talking dress sizes?
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    Are we talking dress sizes?
    I'm never really sure what we're talking about.

Uncle Tupelo

All cigar rollers use the same "bunching" process for long filler cigars. It's in the skill of the roller that the cigar is not bunched too tight. I don't think anyone necessarily has that market cornered (e.g. "the entubar bunching process") - it's more in the quality control process. Even the Cuban cigar factories have been struggling with ensuring their cigars do not have a tight draw.

Fuente does have a very tightly controlled QC process. A number of other factories do as well. Davidoff is another that comes to kind, though (as Will said) Padron and Camacho do as well.

honestly, I've done very well by staying away from cheap cigars. I've noticed my largest issue with draw has usually been with bargain basement stuff.
    Last edited by ggiese; 02-11-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    all cigar rollers use the same "bunching" process for long filler cigars.
    wrong

wrong
    ...Ricardo Montalban made a fortune selling Chrysler cars with his "rich Corinthian leather.." schtick.

15. Default

wrong
    Enlighten us o wise one
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Enlighten us o wise one
    I'm quite certain fish is well versed in cigar manufacture and can elucidate the differences between entubar, accordian and book styles of rolling. More importantly - he can talk about the advantages of each and discuss the skill of the roller and how each style matches their ability...

17. Default

I'm quite certain fish is well versed in cigar manufacture and can elucidate the differences between entubar, accordian and book styles of rolling. More importantly - he can talk about the advantages of each and discuss the skill of the roller and how each style matches their ability...
    I highly fucking doubt it
    The older I get ,the better I was

I'm not very educated in cigar rolling, other than what I've read and tried myself. I simply meant that these styles, that is, entubar, accordian, and book bunching are inherently different. Thus, all torcederos don't use the same bunching technique in regards to long filler cigars.

Blog Entries

I'm no expert, and I haven't really read a lot on the above link, but I remember when they first appeared, and I thought the whole site seemed kinda shady, and sorta a marketing strategy. I mean, what they seem to be "certifying" is tobacconists. I don't see any sort of manufacturer certification. Padron is a sponsor of the site, and Jorge is a "certified honorary tobacconist."

Again, I can't verify any of the information on there, but based on that I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Will

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    I'm no expert, and I haven't really read a lot on the above link, but I remember when they first appeared, and I thought the whole site seemed kinda shady, and sorta a marketing strategy. I mean, what they seem to be "certifying" is tobacconists. I don't see any sort of manufacturer certification. Padron is a sponsor of the site, and Jorge is a "certified honorary tobacconist."

Again, I can't verify any of the information on there, but based on that I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Will
    I'm a little weary of the website too. There isn't one mention of virgins or their supple thighs!

Thread Information