Quote Originally Posted by Swif View Post

Waxing moon has clearly not responded as what was expected. I gave him plenty of time. Thank you fo
I found waxing Moon at CA. I also seen his work at BOTL. I did not seen any bad commits about his work. All his work looked good and mostly on CA the people raved about their humidors from him. So I felt with the research on those two forums he was a good builder. then I get the humidor, give him a chance to make right, then request a refund and I am here. The difference now is I am talking about and if this cause no one to buy humidors from him that is his fault. I am still out the money, but others will not have to face what I did. If people think I am full of shit then can supper Ed and maybe I get my money back. So if I am a sucker then be it. but this sucker is try to help get the information out of the poor humidor builder that other seem to protect on the forums. So hang me for looking out for others.
swif - unfortunately, you hung yourself. This is not an issue that you were ripped off because you received something other than what was advertised. Waxing moon has made it clear he's a "hobbiest" woodworker trying to make a few bucks off his hobby - not a professional humidor maker. He clearly is trying to build his skills at the expense of his customers. Because people are lining up (including you) to buy his humidors, should be no reason for you now to take issue with waxing moon over what you expected. It is a hand built humidor, made of exotic woods. Sorry it turned out to be an opaque diamond when you expected flawless.

truth be known - everyone at one time or another made a similar bad choice. It would be awfully nice for wm to make it right with you, but it appears he does not have the cash flow to make that happen.

if it makes you feel any better - my father, a life long woodworker (carpenter) said he could not produce what waxing moon made. Despite its flaws, he thinks it's a decent specimen.

I have no idea who waxing moon is, other than he made about a dozen posts here several years ago. What I'm now reading is interesting - and reinforces why I like to chase the amateur humidor builders off this board when they try to setup their lemonade stand. You've confirmed what I suspected several years ago - I will never buy a humidor from him. Thanks for the heads up...