Thread: Humidor from Waxing Moon With problems.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Humidor from Waxing Moon With problems.

I had Ed at Waxing Moon build me a custom humidor. the time to build took a little longer then he stated and shipping ended up being a little more then what he said it would be, No big deal. I received the humidor form Ed and it was packaged great. once I removed the humidor I was blown away with how great it looked. as I stat to look it over I noticed a white haze here and there. I then noticed some glue showing, no big deal. Next I noticed the trays were not squared to the humidor. I then noticed the lid did not have an even gap and in the right front corner of the sealing edge had a chipped piece of wood. Last I found the lid to be a little off center.

I contacted Ed by email and mention my concerns. I asked if he could fix them. Ed stated he would. emails go back and fourth for about 3 months nothing fixed. At that point I email Ed say to fix the humidor or refund me my money. Ed agrees to refund me and says he will have to make payments. I say fine and when will they start? Ed say he has bee struggling and he will send what he can each month. # more months go by and nothing from ED. Finally I receive about $250. then nothing more up to today. I spent about $1200. you will see I posted I spent $1220 + 160 in shipping on other post. I looked back and found I spent just under $1160 total. I state the correction on that forum. On others I state $1200. So I am $60 off.

Ed,

Sorry I have taken so long to send you the picture. I have tag the concern areas on each picture. If you need more of the white haze let me know and I will send them. Also the trays that don't have an even gap seem to be at each level.

Not sure if that is for expansion and contrasting of the wood, but I would think that an even gap would work best.

Let me know what you think and what I can do to fix the white haze and it the chipped part is going to be a problem.

Hi David,

I believe the white haze to be dust that got in to the lacquer..... Not really a hard thing to fix.... that's what it looks like to me. I try to ensure that don't happen, but sometimes it gets pretty dusty in the shop.... and my eyes don't see straight....

The chip on the SC is not an issue, happens to most of the humidors, but, I usually catch it before it goes out.... it does not affect the seal, as the bevel itself is the sealing factor.... I have sanded the edges down as much as 3/16" before.... no problem there. A little 100 grit sandpaper will even it out and will not compromise the seal...

I'm not sure about the gap on the trays.... it could be that the slats may have pulled 'em out of square.... if you want, shoot me the dims on them and I can redo....
    Ed,
    I am checking if you received my last email. If you have let me know what we can do to address the concerns I have. Also How do I go about cleaning up the white haze. I will get you the measurements that you asked for this week.

Hi David,

I am sorry, I read it on my phone the day you sent it and then it fell off my radar when I got home.... too many emails, I think....
    I am trying to get in touch with a friend of mine in the woodworking community out in your area to see if he can be of assistance...
    He would be able to tighten it up for us....
    I'll holler at ya when I get it pinned down....

Ed

Ed,

were you able to contact your guy out my way about fixing my concerns in the humidor?

Thank you,
    David

Hi David,

Yes, I've been talking to three fellow woodworkers in your area. I participate in a couple of woodworking forums as well.... I don't have it pinned down yet, but they are willing to help out... What day(s) would you be available, typically?

Ed

Hi David,

Yes, I've been talking to three fellow woodworkers in your area. I participate in a couple of woodworking forums as well.... I don't have it pinned down yet, but they are willing to help out... What day(s) would you be available, typically?

Ed

Ed the best time for me to go and drop off the humidor would be on the weekend.

Ed,

We are reaching a point that my concerns with the humidor are starting to drag out too long. I understand that you a business and that your humidor business is a hobby/second income, but I am starting to worry about how long the concerns will take to be addressed if at all.

The work you but in is great minus my concerns. The worked with my wife and I was great on matching what we were looking for. The build time was a little longer then expected and the shipping was a little more then expected. we understand this. The time that it is taking to see about the repairs that are needed I feel is getting long. the amount that we have paid is not drop in the bucket and we are willing to pay a premium for a custom humidor. At the same time we expect that the humidor comes with not concerns or issues as it did.

Lets get his resolved soon or start to look at a return with a full refund of the humidor and all shipping cost.

Thank you,
    David

Hi David,

Thank you for the compliments.... and I will be willing to do the refund thing, but it may take me a little while to get it together.... This is my full time job... as I had given up my "day job" back in Feb....

Cutting my thumb off didn't help.... it put me way behind and then I found myself rushing... which wasn't a good thing... but, nonetheless.... it happened.

I have a few things going on, as well as some interest in the humidor by some folks - in it's as-is condition, which would expedite my ability to refund you.

I'm sorry it didn't meet your expectations... I guess we all have "off days"...

Regards,

Ed

Hi David,

I believe I have the jobs booked that will allow me to do the refund, but, I must first build the humidors.... I am thinking within a month....

Ed

Ed,

What are we looking at as far as the refund and shipping the humidor back to you?
    I'm about 1/4 the way there.... shouldn't be too much longer... I have 7 humis about ready to come off the bench.
    I had to relocate back to MN - my 80 year old mom isn't doing so great.... set me back a couple of weeks.
    But, things are up and running now - real well.

Ed,

how far along are we with get the humidor back to you ?

Well, David.... if you want me to see about repairing it and getting it back to you, then I could probably swing the postage to get it back within the week.... And I could, most likely get it fixed up to standard for you. Otherwise for a refund, I'm still a bit away from that....
    Ed,

The emails go on and on and on. Yet I am still out of my money and now I am talking about it. Say what you want about me how I handled the issue, but the fact is Ed has not held his end of the deal.
    It is back to not hearing from you. I have been extremely workable with you on refunding me. this has gone way to long. Hope you are going to be sending me a refund with in the next week and a shipping label to return the humidor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SNC13540.JPG 
Views:	1424 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	2909   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SNC13544.JPG 
Views:	1158 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	2910   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SNC13547.JPG 
Views:	1012 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	2911   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SNC13553.JPG 
Views:	1066 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	2912   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SNC13552.JPG 
Views:	914 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	2913  

Research you humidor builder.

Thread Information