Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enjoying the New Cigars

Amanda Guest

Default Enjoying the New Cigars

I picked up a box of the Belmondos early this afternoon and I've been sucking them down ever since..lol. I definitely needed a change and these should do the trick for me for a while. I'll probably be venturing into further uncharted territory next week and try out some new brands. My roommate doesn't mind the smell of the Belmondos as much as she did the Berings, which will be good for her. She smoked one with me and just kind of shrugged when I asked her what she thought. She just can't get into cigars..lol. Anyway, just thought I'd give a little update. Have a nice evening all.

just curious, how many cigars do you smoke a day?

Blog Entries

If you can get a hold of them locally, I recommend going with one of the Torano lines. Very good smokes...
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Amanda Guest

Drake, it depends on my schedule for the day. I waitress four nights a week, and on those days I probably smoke 4-5 cigars. On the days when I don't work, I usually smoke like seven. Yesterday, I think I smoked eight. It'll be easier on my pocketbook when classes start again, as my daily consumption will decline.

Honestly, I'm hoping that in time, I'm able to ween myself to a couple a day. Given the profession I plan to go into, it would be in my interest to do so..lol. Right now, cigars are my Marlboro substitute. With a cigar in my mouth, I'm not craving cigarettes, so I tend to keep one in my mouth quite a bit. I'm finding the pastime increasingly enjoyable though, so I could be simply trading in one addictive behavior with another. Only time will tell I guess.

There too many Bevis and Butthead jokes in this thread. Having trouble resisting!!!! Need another target to pick on.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Grinch
    There too many Bevis and Butthead jokes in this thread. Having trouble resisting!!!! Need another target to pick on.
    um, what are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    Drake, it depends on my schedule for the day. I waitress four nights a week, and on those days I probably smoke 4-5 cigars. On the days when I don't work, I usually smoke like seven. Yesterday, I think I smoked eight. It'll be easier on my pocketbook when classes start again, as my daily consumption will decline.

Honestly, I'm hoping that in time, I'm able to ween myself to a couple a day. Given the profession I plan to go into, it would be in my interest to do so..lol. Right now, cigars are my Marlboro substitute. With a cigar in my mouth, I'm not craving cigarettes, so I tend to keep one in my mouth quite a bit. I'm finding the pastime increasingly enjoyable though, so I could be simply trading in one addictive behavior with another. Only time will tell I guess.
    damn, girl. that's a lot! smoking that many, you probably should stick to the cheaper ones. if you start to like the good stuff, that could turn into a very expensive habbit.

Amanda Guest

Drake, I don't disagree. The money's coming in pretty good right now so I can afford to experiment with some higher-quality cigars. Sooner or later though, something will have to give. Either I'll have to smoke less or buy cheaper cigars. Fall semester should help with the smoking less part, but until then it's gonna be the "summer of cigar" for me.

TheyCallMeManiX Guest

well at least we will have someone who gets throat or mouth cancer(in two weeks lol) before any of us and we can see what we have to look forward to possibly lol jmwy amanda . . . that IS a frickin lot though damn

and not in a funny haha its ok that you are smoking that many cute kinda way

more like a , you are nuts and need to really think about why you are smoking so many . . . stress? image? addicted and need to stop????

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeManiX
    well at least we will have someone who gets throat or mouth cancer(in two weeks lol) before any of us and we can see what we have to look forward to possibly lol jmwy amanda . . . that IS a frickin lot though damn

and not in a funny haha its ok that you are smoking that many cute kinda way

more like a , you are nuts and need to really think about why you are smoking so many . . . stress? image? addicted and need to stop????
    dude, she's young. let her live.

and amanda, by all means, try some good ones.

4717 Clarendon Av. Fort Smith, Arkansas 72904

Didn't you say you either used to smoke cig's or still do? If so, I think you may be trying to smoke cigars like cigarettes. 7 to 8 50 ring 6" cigars would consume about 10 hours of your day the way most people smoke them.

If you take your time and draw slowly on the gar it will be a much more satisfying experience. I like to smoke 48-52 ring gauge by 5.5-7" gars they last anywhere from 45 minute to an hour and a half. If you a sucking them down like cigs to get the nicotine crack in the head, just switch back to cigs, It's cheaper. I think, the question was asked not to long ago on this board "how many cigars do you smoke in a day?" I think, the average was about 3 or 4. That average is by some very experienced cigar smokers some more than 10 years.

Cigar smoking for most people is not about the nicotine or an addiction. It's more about the flavor, the hobbie & the comraderie. I think most botl will probably agree. Just ease up a bit and it will come to you.
    Jim

"If Guns Cause Crime, All Mine Are Defective." -- Ted Nugent

"Sure I have a permit. it's called the Second Amendment." -- Ted Nugent

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

We already threw out all the undeseriable from our country, We sent'em back to England. -- Thomas Quigley (Tom Selleck - Quigley down Under)

Quote Originally Posted by razrbakcrzy
    Cigar smoking for most people is not about the nicotine or an addiction. It's more about the flavor, the hobbie & the comraderie. I think most botl will probably agree. Just ease up a bit and it will come to you.

You hit the nail right on the head.

How bout you PM me your addy..

PPl say your the one who should be in receipt of some extra cigars I have taking up room in my humidor~~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alexgtp

PPl say your the one who should be in receipt of some extra cigars I have taking up room in my humidor~~

I was going to bomb her myself, she wants to get to know us better.

damn cigar creeps...

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

damn, i should've pretended i was a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    that was my thought exactly
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it never gets you anywhere,.....write that down" -Van Wilder

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    Who was it that had the hot chick smoking a cigar as an avatar and had some werido PM them a couple months back?

Amanda Guest

Thanks for the "bomb" offers, but as Hex said, I'm a little uncomfortable giving out my personal address this quickly. Maybe in time, I'll put my guard down and start trusting you guys...at my own peril of course.

I don't deny that I started cigars as a substitute for cigarettes, and still kind of use them as a crutch. They're helpful because for me the addiction is probably more about the act of smoking than the actual nicotine, and cigars give me the tobacco to puff on without the need to inhale every puff (I only rarely inhale cigars...if I inhaled every puff, I'd probably be in the emergency room..lol). Yesterday was a highwater mark with the eight cigars. Today, I'll probably only smoke three because I'll be working from 4 to 10. At you guys' word, I'll try to behave tomorrow when I'm not working and not smoke so many. At the same time, I don't need an excuse to pick up more than a couple cigarettes a day..lol. Anyway, have a great evening all.

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    Who was it that had the hot chick smoking a cigar as an avatar and had some werido PM them a couple months back?

i wasn't the only one.

19. Default

Grand Cru 2 has the hot chick avatar. That smart ass Spencer thought Ray was a chick and made a pass as him.

Come to think of it...Ray would look really hot in a short dress.

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by alexgtp

I think you can trust Alex.

Thread Information