Thread: Fake Esplendidos?

Copenhagen, Denmark (originally from Bonnie Scotland)

Default Fake Esplendidos?

Hi there. What do you guys think re the authenticity of these Esplendidos? I'm concerned by the Brand Label (under the lid). Looks decidedly dodgy to me. The bands on the cigars themselves look good though...

http://www.piczs.com/is.php?i=1261&i...splendidos.jpg

Cheers,
    Scott.

Blog Entries

I can't tell but this is the most faked cigar in the world so if you don't trust the source then chances are 99.99% they are fake.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

How did you acquire these cigars?
    How much did you pay for this box?
    Do you have a photo of the boxcode?

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

Did you get these from that guys "cousin"?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    Did you get these from that guys "cousin"?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Default Sorry....

but you're right.

The lid label looks like crap. BIG TIME!

Again, sorry

I haven't bought them yet!

The guy who is selling them is sincere I think. He has offerred to break the seal and take these extra photos. I think he thinks they are real (but he is offerring them at £200).

Maybe they are, but I'll give them a miss just to be on the safe side.

By the way, this is the picture of the box seal (blurry of course).

He has 2 boxes with the numbers EP006002 and EP006110.

They were bought in Cuba, but don't know from where.

http://www.piczs.com/is.php?i=1405&img=cigars.jpg

Iced T Guest

Ok, I don't know much about this subject, but according to CA:

"Cohiba is the most commonly counterfeited Cuban cigar. The white markings are tiny squares, not circles. There should be four rows of squares, with just two above the word "Cohiba." The "La Habana, Cuba" script is grand and elongated. The Cubans added the script in the early '90s."

The markings looked like circles, but it could just be blurry. The label also just said "Habana, Cuba," not "La Habana, Cuba."

Again, I'm no authority, but this is just what I saw on CA...

I just saw a Cohiba box label that is really neat and clean. The gold face is all within a tight border and there is the Habanos leaf logo on the left...
    Last edited by Iced T; 07-19-2005 at 05:17 AM. Reason: More

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter
    I haven't bought them yet!

The guy who is selling them is sincere I think. He has offerred to break the seal and take these extra photos. I think he thinks they are real (but he is offerring them at £200).

Maybe they are, but I'll give them a miss just to be on the safe side.

As CoventryCat said, these are the most counterfeited cigars in the world.

Authentic bands, labels, boxes and hologram warranty seals are readily available. Looking at these are a good first step in trying to authenticate cigars, but it is not means to an end.

This guy is willing to sell you them at less than 50% of their going rate.

If it sounds to good to be true, it is. Avoid this deal!

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

OK, so does that make this site WAY too good to be true.....?

http://www.solocigars.com/

12. Default

I'd put my money on the box being BOGUS! Based on the picture, but I won't say why publicly as I hate to give counterfeiters clues on what might be wrong (especially when it is not that hard to correct) and may make it easier to defraud future unsuspecting customers.

The one advantage that we have is most of the bogus peddlers out there are NOTORIOUSLY sloppy and their work is obviously hastily done with little concern.

Incidentally, what is the factory code / date on the bottom of the box?

I'm not an expert on Cuban cigars, but I do know that Cohiba bands and packaging are readily available to make fakes. I report them on Ebay as often as I can. Fake packaging alone will run you $40 from the looks of it, and there are buyers.

From what I understand, some Cuban smokers will try to make money back by recycling the packaging on their authentic cigars. Though resale of the packaging isn't directly illegal, I still think they're scum because they know exactly what it will be used for.

Blog Entries

OK, so does that make this site WAY too good to be true.....?

http://www.solocigars.com/
    I'm not sure if they are legit or not but http://www.solocigars.com/cigars/pro...products_id=64 seems like a ridiculously low price for one of my favorite cigars which I haven't been able to find anywhere....
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

He never did send me a photo of the bottom of the box.

I'm glad I steered clear of these ones then guys. Thanks, I appreciate all your input.

I guess the website I mentioned could be real. The prices are low, but it is in Costa Rica.

Buying on the web is a real lottery it seems.

Although you fellows in the US can't easily get your hands on Cubans, you really are lucky with the selection and low prices for the hundreds you can get your hands on.

Enjoy.

TonyDogs Guest

Default fake

I would say they are fake.
    Here is a site that fake is there biz http://www.justfakes.com/
    You can get labels, seals, and everything else.
    I would hope none of you guys take advantage with this site
    TonyDogs

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    I'm not sure if they are legit or not but http://www.solocigars.com/cigars/pro...products_id=64 seems like a ridiculously low price for one of my favorite cigars which I haven't been able to find anywhere....

Wow - cheap price. Thats for 25 cigars, right?

And their Cohiba prices are really low.

A guy I know order some once from topcubans.com, I tried 3 differenct smokes, and although I wouldn't know if they were fakes or not, they were three of the best cigars I ever had. I feel pretty confident about the Monti no. 2's because I have smoked the non-cuban version and the ones from top cubans was far and away the superior smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDogs
    I would say they are fake.
    Here is a site that fake is there biz http://www.justfakes.com/
    You can get labels, seals, and everything else.
    I would hope none of you guys take advantage with this site
    TonyDogs
    That is horrific! I only wish bad things upon anyone that orders this crap... How could anybody make a legit business selling fake cigar packaging!?!?!
    Last edited by 8-5-8; 07-19-2005 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Grammar Time!
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

19. Default

He never did send me a photo of the bottom of the box.

I'm glad I steered clear of these ones then guys. Thanks, I appreciate all your input.

I guess the website I mentioned could be real. The prices are low, but it is in Costa Rica.
    I've heard very bad things about Costa Rica (you know they make cigars there right ) and much of Latin America as far as buying from anywhere but a La Casa del Habanos. If you want to take it to another level contact these folks - that's the Costa Rican Distributor, I'm betting they don't supply the said website / dealer.
    -----------------------------

CALLINI S.A. CORPORATION

Distributor for:
    Domestic Market and Duty Free in Costa Rica
    President: Mr. Gian Pio Callini
    Marketing Policy Director: Mr. Enrico Callini
    Address: San Pedro De Montes De Oca, Este 100 Mts. Norte De La Fuente De La Hispanidad, Apartado 2057-2050 San Pedro De Montes De Oca, Costa Rica
    Tel: 253-3450
    Fax: 253-3450
    E-mail: ecallini@habanoscr.net

I WOULD NEVER EVER BUY FROM EBAY>>YAHOO or guys who have fabulous stories on how they acquired them.

ONLY Purchase them from TRUSTED vendors. Or from official stores around the world.

Also i woul dnot hesitate buying from select trusted members on various cigar boards.

Thread Information