Thread: I have a question about Romeo Y Julieta

1. Question I have a question about Romeo Y Julieta

Gentlemen, greetings from the UK
    My son brought me 2 boxes of Romeo Y Julieta N0. 3 in aluminium tubes back from a trip to the UAE. I have just smoked the first one and it was very dissapointing. The tobacco seemed to be very tightly packed and drawing was virtually impossible. I had to use a cocktail stick to create any kind of draw. (I initially used a cutter of course). I am thinking about taking a few of the cigars out of their tubes and hydrating them in a humidor in the hope that this might loosen the tobacco? Has anybody come across this problem before and if so what solution/s worked. Many thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Indensicator View Post
    My son brought me 2 boxes of Romeo Y Julieta N0. 3 in aluminium tubes back from a trip to the UAE. I have just smoked the first one and it was very dissapointing. The tobacco seemed to be very tightly packed and drawing was virtually impossible. I had to use a cocktail stick to create any kind of draw. (I initially used a cutter of course). I am thinking about taking a few of the cigars out of their tubes and hydrating them in a humidor in the hope that this might loosen the tobacco? Has anybody come across this problem before and if so what solution/s worked. Many thanks.
    Sounds like you need to dry box them, not hydrate them.

Welcome from Bitterville, and immerse yourself in the search function for a description of dry boxing.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by Indensicator View Post
    Being Canadian I have access to Cuban cigars and have actually smoked quite a few RyJ's......the Churchill being one of my favorite cigars.

I would suggest you smoke a couple more before you decide to try anything. Nobody is perfect and even the best cigar roller can roll the odd one too tight. I bought 5 Churchill's from my favorite B&M a year or two back and of the 5, the first one I smoked was quite loose and the draw way too easy. Another of the 5 was too tight. I picked all 5 out of the exact same box.

To my knowledge, and here I actually have a bunch of experience as I used to roll cigarettes (both by hand and with a little machine and tubes) a lot and hard too draw normally means rolled too tight and taking them out of the tube or hydrating them won't change that.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

4. Default

Fuggin' red commie bastards have been known to roll a few tight ones now and again. It's part of the deal. Great tobacco, not so great quality control.

Doc
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

5. Default

I have never had a tight cigar come around and dry out to be all that smokeable. Party shorts are 1 of my favorites and RyJ cedros #2
    The older I get ,the better I was

Thread Information