Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overrated cigars

1. Default Overrated cigars

I had a Padron 1926 a while back, and the first half of the cigar was amazing. Flavors that reminded me of a cup of coffee with a piece of chocolate cake on the side. Then halfway through it changed to something else entirely. The coffee and chocolate flavors were completely gone, and an earthy woodsy, peppery flavor took over. It was like two completely different cigars, one was the best I ever had, the other was overpowering and full of flavors I don't really care for. It was extremely disappointing. So I thought I'd make this a place to talk about some cigars that are praised to the high heavens that you just didn't care for.

Blog Entries

You're an idiot. Padron 1926s are great cigars. You're too inexperienced with cigars to know what's good and bad therefore anything you have to say isn't worth jack.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

The fact that you posted that comment on this board shows you haven't read anything. It's the one cigar that never disappoints the receiver when given as a gift, thats been my experience.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Eats-A-Lot View Post
    I had a Padron 1926 a while back, and the first half of the cigar was amazing. Flavors that reminded me of a cup of coffee with a piece of chocolate cake on the side. Then halfway through it changed to something else entirely. The coffee and chocolate flavors were completely gone, and an earthy woodsy, peppery flavor took over. It was like two completely different cigars, one was the best I ever had, the other was overpowering and full of flavors I don't really care for. It was extremely disappointing. So I thought I'd make this a place to talk about some cigars that are praised to the high heavens that you just didn't care for.
    Was that your very first 1926? Or - is it one in a string of disappointing 1926's you smoked?

What do you think about Davidoff? Any thoughts? Are they equally disappointing?

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    The fact that you posted that comment on this board shows you haven't read anything. It's the one cigar that never disappoints the receiver when given as a gift, thats been my experience.
    I've only smoked one, and it was a gift, and it didn't disappoint. But then, no Padron ever has yet as far as I'm concerned........LOL
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

All Padron's are crap.
    Ill take all the ones you don't want to smoke and dispose of them properly.

Now on a serious note, taste is different for everyone and you just happen to not like one of the best cigars i have every smoked.
    Taste also changes over time so if you dont like the cigar now give it a year or 2 and smoke it agian.

A year or 2 ago i smoked a Sancho Panza and didn't like it at all but i gave them a chance again 4 months or so ago and this time i liked them.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

I'm going to be Mr. Nice for this thread and say that this is just a newblet smoker / cigar forum posting mistake. I believe I made the same mistake early on when I joined here.

Threads that are based on people slamming a particular smoke never take off, or worse draw ire because "smoke what you like, and like what you smoke"

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmokes View Post
    I believe that one man's trash is another man's treasure. That being said, I'm sure some people find the Puros Indios line to be a real treasure.
    Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    I'm going to be Mr. Nice for this thread and say that this is just a newblet smoker / cigar forum posting mistake. I believe I made the same mistake early on when I joined here.

Threads that are based on people slamming a particular smoke never take off, or worse draw ire because "smoke what you like, and like what you smoke"

Will

I thought about being nice too but I don't have the time to waste with guys like him so I just cut to the chase. I remember when I was new to smoking cigars and I thought Opus X were "praised to high heavens" and I didn't care for. A few years later, I smartened up and realized what an idiot I was. Hopefully sir-east-a-lot-but-don't-think-a-lot will smarten up too.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    I thought about being nice too but I don't have the time to waste with guys like him so I just cut to the chase. I remember when I was new to smoking cigars and I thought Opus X were "praised to high heavens" and I didn't care for. A few years later, I smartened up and realized what an idiot I was. Hopefully sir-east-a-lot-but-don't-think-a-lot will smarten up too.
    I still think Opus X are over-rated, but I'm not going to start a thread saying they are. wait.

Uncle Tupelo

10. Default

To everyone who responded,
    I thought the title of this thread was cigars that you felt are overrated, not bash the guy who doesn't like what I like.
    I've been smoking cigars for over 15 years. I remember buying Opus X when they were 12 dollars. At the time I remember thinking, I've never paid more than 5 for a cigar, but I'll give it a try. They were amazing. I've since switched over to the Fuente Anejo, which has the same filler but a different wrapper than the Opus X, they're also easier to find and less expensive, which is great. So don't presume that you know me, you don't. Don't assume I'm a newbie, because I'm not. As I said, my problem with the Padron 26 was the complete lack of consistency. It was like it changed to a completely different cigar at the halfway point, which is strange for a box pressed cigar, they're usually wonderfully consistent. You also don't have to get pissed off because someone doesn't like what you like, frankly I have no respect for machine made cigars or people who smoke them, yet those people seem to get a free pass on this site, which I find a little disturbing, but I am a grown man and realized long ago that opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and they should be kept to yourself. Sadly some of you on this site are apparently too young to have figured that out by now.

Blog Entries

I thought the title of this thread was cigars that you felt are overrated, not bash the guy who doesn't like what I like.
    I've been smoking cigars for over 15 years. I remember buying Opus X when they were 12 dollars. At the time I remember thinking, I've never paid more than 5 for a cigar, but I'll give it a try. They were amazing. I've since switched over to the Fuente Anejo, which has the same filler but a different wrapper than the Opus X, they're also easier to find and less expensive, which is great. So don't presume that you know me, you don't. Don't assume I'm a newbie, because I'm not. As I said, my problem with the Padron 26 was the complete lack of consistency. It was like it changed to a completely different cigar at the halfway point, which is strange for a box pressed cigar, they're usually wonderfully consistent. You also don't have to get pissed off because someone doesn't like what you like, frankly I have no respect for machine made cigars or people who smoke them, yet those people seem to get a free pass on this site, which I find a little disturbing, but I am a grown man and realized long ago that opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and they should be kept to yourself. Sadly some of you on this site are apparently too young to have figured that out by now.

Uncle Tupelo

12. Default

it bleeds ,awwwwwwwwwwww
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Cool. Some of us aren't so young....not ancient, but not young.
    Funny, I can remember OpusX for 12 bucks too, 'cause I just bought a PL for a little less than that a month ago in my local. BTW, I think they're kinda over-rated, and I rarely smoke them anymore, but I like the PL. Like you, I prefer the Anejo. For a regular Fuente, I stick to the Hemmingway's.

One guy said you were an idiot, others simply disagreed with your opinion of the Padron and asked a couple of questions. Hardly a bashing, from my point of view.
    As far as newbie, well, unfortunately for your ego, on this board you are, indeed, a newbie. You pretty much confirmed it in your post. Had your first post been some type of brief introduction, perhaps we would have known something about you, and maybe your point of reference for this post.

Blog Entries

Well I can remember when Opus X were $2!

Oh wait, nope... I'm just a whipper snapper. Dang.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Ok, ok... I'm confused...

I'm thinking you're suggesting that the opinion starting this thread should not have been shared?!? ...and I'm not quite sure why you are now taking the entire board to task for your ignorance.

After making a pretty controversial statement on only your second post on this forum, I was trying to draw out of you where you were coming from - is it an issue of not liking the cigar after only smoking it once? It's not as though you're downing "machine made" cigars - you're calling a Padron 1926 "overrated". Liken this to saying that Gordon Ramsey is "overrated"... Is he? Not unlike Padron 1926, He does seem to command pretty high $$$ for his product.

I asked you a question about your thoughts on Davidoff's and you never responded. Do you think Davidoff is overrated as well?
    Last edited by ggiese; 03-01-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Blog Entries

No one is getting "pissed off" here you idiot. And yes, I called you an idiot because I strongly suspected you were one and your continued ignorance and stupidity continues to confirm my original assessment of you. The more your post the more you prove to use you're a bumptious, repugnant, insufferable, emotional and unstable idiot so feel free to continue to prove my point with your childish rants. Either that or just get the hell out here and save yourself and the rest of us a whole lot of aggravation.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

17. Default

Somebody needs to take down the asshats welcome sign. Geez, this place sure get more than it's share of screwballs.

Doc
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc View Post
    Somebody needs to take down the asshats welcome sign. Geez, this place sure get more than it's share of screwballs.

Doc
    aw - c'mon Doc. They're not asshats and they'll tell you so!

Trespasses....
    Last edited by ggiese; 03-04-2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Freakin' tablet PC autocorrect!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc View Post

Doc
    If you're going to make statements like this about new members, please do so in the private forum area. Thank you.

Blog Entries

Damn, there's a private forum area?

Thread Information