Thread: Travel Humidor

Default Travel Humidor

I went to a b&m in Manhattan over the weekend, and they had a great selection so I made an impulse buy and bought a 15 cigar xikar travel humidor and filled it with cigars. Now, I plan on using this as my primary humidor for awhile until I need a bigger one. My question is, since it's pretty small, what is the easiest way to regulate the humidity? The digital hygrometers look a little big for my humidor. I plan on just buying some beads and hoping it works, but wanted to hear your guys' opinions.

Blog Entries

Beads or Boveda paks.

Quote Originally Posted by bmock50 View Post
    I went to a b&m in Manhattan over the weekend, and they had a great selection so I made an impulse buy and bought a 15 cigar xikar travel humidor and filled it with cigars. Now, I plan on using this as my primary humidor for awhile until I need a bigger one. My question is, since it's pretty small, what is the easiest way to regulate the humidity? The digital hygrometers look a little big for my humidor. I plan on just buying some beads and hoping it works, but wanted to hear your guys' opinions.
    I'm pretty sure all the xikar travel humidors have a built in humidification device, even the little 5 count. Isn't there a small disc inserted into the top of the case when you open it? Just put a couple drops of PG solution on the green foam inside the disc.

Beads.

I've 3 Otter boxes and I keep two on deck for use at all times. I just recharge the beads every so often. I don't even worry about them.
    Yay! Cigars!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    I'm pretty sure all the xikar travel humidors have a built in humidification device, even the little 5 count. Isn't there a small disc inserted into the top of the case when you open it? Just put a couple drops of PG solution on the green foam inside the disc.
    Yea there is, I just don't want to have to go every/everyother day and put some in it.

Blog Entries

I've heard people talk about the viper humidity sheets for this application. Also, once you get a humidor / coolerdor, you can just put your whole traveldor in there and it should hydrate for whenever your next trip is.

Also, I doubt you'd have to check on it every day. I just took a 15 count on vacation with me for 8 days, and I didn't even bother with any humidifying device. Everything smoked great.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    I've heard people talk about the viper humidity sheets for this application. Also, once you get a humidor / coolerdor, you can just put your whole traveldor in there and it should hydrate for whenever your next trip is.

Also, I doubt you'd have to check on it every day. I just took a 15 count on vacation with me for 8 days, and I didn't even bother with any humidifying device. Everything smoked great.

Will
    Hmm thats good to know.

So, my NewAir 280E for my wineador will be here Wednesday. Will be ordering shelves with bloodwood fronts from Forrest around the end of the week. I'm pretty excited!

Thread Information