Hello everyone!

First of all, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Chris and I live in Rochester, NY. I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to smoking cigars. I've been regularly smoking cigars for about six months now after a buddy of mine got me hooked. Before that I'd have one during special occasions and such, but never really knew enough to have any idea what was good, bad, or even what type of smoke I was having.

Now onto my question with a little extra background info. So although I've been smoking fairly regularly (one or two a week) for awhile now, I've just recently took the plunge into having a few sticks on hand and figured I should get a basic humidor to keep them in prime condition. I tried to do my research and picked out something basic that had fairly good reviews from what I can tell, but I'm not sure if there's a problem with the humidor. I ordered one of the Capri humidors (the all wood lid, not the one with a glass top) made by Quality Importers and just received it today. Everything looks ok with the humidor except I'm not sure if its making a proper seal. I expected the humidor to need a little force to close it once the "lip" on the lid made contact with the bottom part of the humidor, but it doesn't. I can hear it making contact in some spots, but it is still loose enough for it to simply shut by itself with no force. A couple additional details - I haven't even begun the process of seasoning the humidor yet as I'm worried that I'll need to return it so I'm thinking that once the wood absorbs some humidity it will expand slightly and seal properly, but I thought I remembered reading somewhere that it should need a little force to close (eg, I don't even know that force is the right word, but I thought I read that it shouldn't close on its own without pushing down on the lid a little). Also, although it isn't particularly cold in my area today I did let it sit in the house out of its packing for a solid hour or two and tested it again, but had the same results. Please let me know what you think. Hopefully, I'm just being crazy as I'd hate to have to return my brand new toy.

Also, I'd just like to thank everyone on this site for providing a lot of useful info. I may have just registered, but I've been reading a lot of things on here the past week or so and have learned a lot from you all already.