Thread: Going to Canada...any suggestions?

Default Going to Canada...any suggestions?

Will be heading north next month, most likely the Toronto area. Any suggestions on shops or places that one might pick up a few smokes of the ISOM kind?

Wait till you see the prices there. $28 for a Monte #2. $16-18 for a PSD4. My suggestion is don't bother.
    "When I was a kid my parents moved alot, but I always found them".- Rodney Dangerfield

Take your own is my suggestion.

4. Default

Being a Canadian who has lived right across the Country, I ave two things to say:

1. Here in Canada we dont have any pointless embargo's, so you can buy and smoke all the Cuban Cigars you want when you are a Canadian Citizen!!!! (This is the good part....)

2. Since Canada has free public health care, (Which is without a doubt the greatest thing about Canada!), we tax the "be-Jesus" out of tobacco products and alchol to pay the gignormous costs of our completely free health care system. Thus, you will pay about $25 U.S. for a Montecristo #1, $30 U.S. for practically any Cohiba, etc.

Thus, you can get Cuban cigars here in Canada..... BUT, you will pay dearly for them.

Good luck, and Welcome to the Great North. (Not Just America's Hat..... )

If you have any more questions, you can message me back.
    "I Smoke in Moderation.... Just One Cigar at a Time." Mark Twain

Toronto has and LCDH and there's a Thomas Hinds shop, or used to be, in the Four Seasons hotel. Like the others posted, bring cash and lots of it.
    Captain, it is I!

Going to Canada...any suggestions?
    Stay away from Roham......... LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Island Epicurean
    Good luck, and Welcome to the Great North. (Not Just America's Hat..... )
    Reminds me of that quote from the HBO Robin Williams stand up a couple of years back:

"Canada is like a loft apartment over a really good party."
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Thread Information