Thread: I never thought I'd see the day

Blog Entries

Default I never thought I'd see the day

that I would have a hard time deciding on what to buy. Seems like now-a-days I don't get very excited about new cigars...don't search out the HTF, rare, limited release bullshit and stick pretty much to my fav's.

So I find my self looking around and constantly saying, mmmmm, that's a great cigar, but I have a 1/2 box or a box or more...don't need 'em. I just wish I could get really excited again about buying cigars.

Blog Entries

Kinda the same boat here, although my stock is still low compared to a year ago.

Actually, I only half heartedly read the CI, BCP, JR, Holts' catalogs. They either go right in recycling, or I bring them to work for the shitter.

I understand some cigar conference is coming up, and I fell like I couldn't give less of a shit about whatever new is coming out.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

3. Default

Warms my heart to watch young fellas mature. BTW, If you run across La Sirena (mermaid)by Miami cigar, blended and made by Don Pepin, you might want to check it out.

Doc.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

I feel you.
    I think a lot of it (at least for me) is some of the cigar lines (Tat & Viaje) come out with soooo many HTF small production cigars with prices out of this world. It takes the fun out of it.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    I feel you.
    I think a lot of it (at least for me) is some of the cigar lines (Tat & Viaje) come out with soooo many HTF small production cigars with prices out of this world. It takes the fun out of it.
    No shit, especially when you smoke the fuckin' thing and smack your forehead and say "shit, I could have bought 10 padrons instead".

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    No shit, especially when you smoke the fuckin' thing and smack your forehead and say "shit, I could have bought 10 padrons instead".

That said, do you think you would do anything differently given the chance? In other words, find 10 - 15 go to sticks, stock up and never look back?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    That said, do you think you would do anything differently given the chance? In other words, find 10 - 15 go to sticks, stock up and never look back?
    Well, no, I don't think I would. The journey was very well worth it.....I guess I'm just wishing it would have lasted a little longer. I'm nowhere near quitting cigars, it's just not as much an adventure as it used to be.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc View Post
    Warms my heart to watch young fellas mature. BTW, If you run across La Sirena (mermaid)by Miami cigar, blended and made by Don Pepin, you might want to check it out.

Doc.
    Have you had the Sea Sprite? That looks like my preferred vitola, but so far, out of stock everywhere. Thanks for the heads up!!

9. Default

I smoke what I like...I don't go for the trendy stuff anymore. I stick to mainly Nic Puros and regular line Cubans, and the occasional Padron 26 if I feel like spending the extra $$ for an exceptional smoke. My stash has shrunk 75% since I had multiple coolers and humidors. I ain't gonna buy into the hype.

I keep telling myself not to chse the gimmicky HTF's.
    There are plenty of good NEW smokes coming out all the time (without the hype).
    Chaveta Habano Toro - is one cigar I'm looking forward to trying.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

11. Default

Good to see ya'all coming around. IMHO you can never have too many Joya De Nicaragua Antano 1970 or St Luis Rey's
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Have you had the Sea Sprite? That looks like my preferred vitola, but so far, out of stock everywhere. Thanks for the heads up!!
    Just saw an email from Mr.Bundles on exactly this. Wanna split some up?
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Just saw an email from Mr.Bundles on exactly this. Wanna split some up?
    hmmmmmm, shoot me the details via Pm and we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Good to see ya'all coming around. IMHO you can never have too many Joya De Nicaragua Antano 1970 or St Luis Rey's
    I have been keeping stocked up on the Joya De Nicaragua Antano 1970 also.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

I know this thread is almost a year old. However, I wanted to say that as someone who is new to cigars the relentless pace of releases coming out is off putting to me at least. The consistency of a brand is lost, either it won't be available or it will be different in a year. Combine this with the marketing and hype and it is just difficult to find something new and reliable. It has somewhat reduced the number of brands that will even garner my consideration.

Blog Entries

<shrug> A good segment of cigar smokers go into a B&M, and their first question is, "What's new?" New = selling singles at MSRP = good income for the store (and the rest of the supply chain).

HTF's work the same way.

It is all CA's fault (and the Internet) :-).

Thread Information