Thread: Hobbies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cigarbear View Post
    Wood working/turning and distance running. I haven't found a thread for the latter though I'm not surprised

What year is your Binnie? My sister in law had a 2007 and the transmission was all kinds of fucked up. The later years supposedly ficed the problem but my father in law never failed to tease her about it not being original. He used to race the British models in the 60s and never lost the love for the originals.
    05 S 6 speed manual ,supposedly a Getrag transmission .We drove an 07 S and it was turbocharged,it was OK but the boost came on weird to me. With the 05 being supercharged there is 0 lag if you are above 2000 rpm . Its just haul ass to 7 grand and shift repeatedly I got the new pulley on with no problems in approx 2 hrs start to finish. I like the old Brit ones but to be honest all Brit cars are a 1/1 repair/drive ratio and it's Candys car so its gotta be reliable.
    The older I get ,the better I was

That's quite about the Brit cars but my FIL was a car nut. He had 3 running and 6 for parts at his peak. The NW mini club he helped found had a reunion a few years back and it was so cool to see the all the originals. They even had a mini moke.

Thread Information