Thread: Review: Cain Maduro

1. Default Review: Cain Maduro

Hey Gents,

The cigar I picked to talk about was a Cain Maduro, 5.7x50
    It can be purchased from almost any online source for usually around 6 dollars a piece. Now honestly, I read mixed reviews prior to the smoke, but I really don't have too much negative things to say about this stick...

Pre-light:
    The cigar itself, along with all the other Cain varients is very well rolled and constructed, I haven't had a poorly made one yet out of the box I've got. The cigar itself was firm, but not too much to the point of having a bad draw. My humidor has been stuck at around 74 lately so that may be part of the reason, the leaves soaking up some of that humidity and growing a bit.
    The cigars appearance is a bit different, there isn't that regular sheen that many maduros have, it has more of a matte, flat dark brown appearance. There are small veins visable, but nothing big. The bright white band contrasts the colors of the tobacco nicely. This is a very asthetically pleasing cigar.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0303.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	2978

It has a musky, darker aroma with a bit of sweetness lingering with it, that, very similar to a Partagas Black.

Initial light:

Name:	IMG_0292.jpg 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	2979
    I encountered a bit of a tough draw, but it didn't last for long. the cigar lit easily and evenly. I was greeted with a nice thick plume of smoke, I had a tough time pegging it but my initial gut feeling was earthy cedar with a constant sweet aftertaste, very suttle though. the ash was a pleasent white, looking very nice against the dark maduro wrap.
    -Note. Normally this doesn't bother me with any kind of smokes, but the smoke that came from the foot end of the cigar was a bit more acrid than I would like, I did move my head several times to avoid it. Not a normal occurance really, I usually have no issues.

1st 3rd. The flavor is constant, I'm still calling it cedar, that sweet aftertaste still is there, this cigar, like most maduros would probably go great with a guiness or another stout of some kind. There is a creamy look to the smoke, the draw is normal, a little bit on the stiff side, but nothing really too bad. The ash is standing strong, the cigars construction is very solid.

2nd 3rd

Name:	IMG_0292.jpg 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	2979
    The flavor has matured and is coming in strong now, I have some sort of a bitter chocolate taste on the side, similar to that kind of cooking chocolate people use sometimes, I would put the nicotine behind that, this cigar is definitely full of it, I am very happy that I did this on a full stomach and sitting down, this really isn't a go around and do stuff kind of smoke, more like a sit back and enjoy the ride. The cedar is there, but it has more of a dry taste too it, complimented by a nice earthy taste, very musky, in a good way though. I encountered a small bit of canoeing, but was able to fix it on the spot

final 3rd

Name:	IMG_0294.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	2980
    The bitterness has come back, still though the sweet aftertaste makes it neutral, if not pleasant. There is a bit of spicyness, but that seems to always happen on the ass end of the stick. I'm very relaxed at this point, I usually only have about one cigar a week, so this one really hit the spot. I definitely would recommend having a nice cold glass or 3 of guiness with this cigar, the sweet undertones would go really well with it.

All in all for 6 dollars its a good deal. I usually have at least 5 cains in my humi at all times. The construction is always solid, the taste was constant and over all pleasant with a minor pep of spice towards the end. I would definetly recommend this cigar to anyone that enjoys a good maduro smoke.

2. Default

Nice review man
    The older I get ,the better I was

3. Default

Thanks, my first one.

If it works out I'll probably do one a week or so. It was actually
    Pretty entertaining, trying to figure out how to describe the flavors really made me enjoy the cigar more.

Blog Entries

Interesting. I was wondering about these. Thanks for the review!

Thanks for the review
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

6. Default

Sweetness.

I'm a noob. But I'm making an excel sheet with cigars I'm intrigued about and this be out on the list of "try". Sounds like it'll make the "buy". I like sweet
    nOOb here to soak up the wise air

7. Default

As far as the sweetness goes don't get it mixed up, it wasnt like smoking a flavored cigar, there was Just a lingering sweet taste at the very and, like an afterthought

8. Default

Anything is better than black pepper..

Thanks for the heads up though.
    nOOb here to soak up the wise air

Thread Information