Thread: first time set up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default first time set up

Hi, so I just got back to England from a couple of weeks in Cuba where I bought myself a box of 25 romeo y julieta no.3's these are in the metal tubes, I also bought a few Cohiba V's and after a hell of a lot of reading/research into how to keep these in good condition I'm thinking that maybe I should get a humidor such as this: http://www.humidorsonline.co.uk/pres...ty-p-5717.html with a couple of the DryMistat tubes. Does this sound like a reasonable set up for a low cost easy solution?

also, would anyone recommend keeping my cigars in their tubes whilst in a humidor or taking them out?

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Dean

Not as easy as a cooler with humidification.

Get those cigars into something sooner than later, even if just a temporary fix like big ziplocs.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

3. Default

i would suggest that you put the cigars into a humidor with out the tubs. b/c keeping it in the tubs will eventraly end up drying out your cigars if they are not seald right. the Ideal conditions are 70°F (21°C) and 70% humidity. keeping in these conditions will mean that you will have that perfict smoke out of every cigar as if it came of the line the sec you fired that cigar up. but if you want to keep them in the tubs just in case you should crack them just a little bit so your cigars can get some air flow.
    Ben H Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Benwiliams View Post
    i would suggest that you put the cigars into a humidor with out the tubs. b/c keeping it in the tubs will eventraly end up drying out your cigars if they are not seald right. the Ideal conditions are 70°F (21°C) and 70% humidity. keeping in these conditions will mean that you will have that perfict smoke out of every cigar as if it came of the line the sec you fired that cigar up. but if you want to keep them in the tubs just in case you should crack them just a little bit so your cigars can get some air flow.
    Ben - thanks for the valuable feedback.

However - in case you'd not noticed - CaptChunderpants has not been back since 4/29. I think he's already made up his mind about what he should do.

5. Default

not problem man if you need any help with any humidor problem just ask and ill help
    Ben H Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Benwiliams View Post
    not problem man if you need any help with any humidor problem just ask and ill help
    Appreciate the offer, Ben - But I think I'm good right now. My humidors (mutiple - big and small - plastic and wood) have all be operating at top efficiency for well over 8 or 9 years now.

Thread Information