Thread: Custom Cigar Pens for your bands / boxes

Default Custom Cigar Pens for your bands / boxes

Alright so I have been lurking here for awhile learning this and that about cigars. Let me first start off with a few things...I dont smoke cigars, anymore, but love the craftsmanship that goes into some of these, as well as the design time for bands and boxes. I currently make custom cakes, and do some wood working in my spare time. Recently I Began to make the pens pictured here for some guys at a local supply shop, and hope to present them to local cigar shops in the next few months. I understand that bands can be purchased off ebay, etc. but im not in need of 400 bands from the 1930's. (well 400 more bands as i have already bought 400). As well as cigar shops give, or sell their empty boxes, usually first come first serve.

Now is where you guys come in! Since I dont smoke cigars, I dont have a surplus of bands and boxes! I see lots of neat projects here, counter tops, etc...that you guys trade bands for. I would love to get my hands on some unique bands and or boxes. I have so far made pens for Gurkhas, macanudo, and a few from that 20-30's range we discussed earlier. I have some opus x xxx bands coming in the next few days that will be done soon.

Proposal: Let me know what you guys have that you may be in need of a good home for. No interest in the cigars, just the bands, happy to pay shipping. I also make custom inserts for the matching box If I have one. If you guys have something pretty awesome you are willing to part with, I would be happy to custom make a pen, with band of your choice, and exchange it for your bands/boxes. Highest interest will be in Gurkha, and similar brands.

Pen Info: All pens are handmade, on a lathe, by myself. Most of these pens are rollerballs and either chrome, gold, or rhodium plated components. Pictured is a black walnut body, with buckeye burl ash that has been hand carved. The caps screw on the body of the pen, and these take standard rollerball refills.

As this is my first post, not expecting much, and depending on response, may have to turn away some as I cant make pens for everyone! If there is any interest a pen, without an exchange, just shoot me a message and we can work it out! Just trying to find a few items that we can put together to produce unique writing instruments. Thank you guys, and gals perhaps, for your viewing time, and hope to learn much more here, to make pens as true to the originals as possible.

-Justin M. Baker
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_7524.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	2997   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_7540.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	2998   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_7541.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	2999   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_7546.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	3000  

Thread Information