Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Smoker Sampler Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    George,

I am surprised at your response. Today's newbies need clear cut, absolute fail-safe direction in deciding upon which cigars they will or will not smoke. It's our responsibility, er, rather, our duty as members of this board to spell everything out for them, despite having this wealth of knowledge at their disposal. Your input and clear direction is paramount to their enjoyment of your hobby. Let's try to not let these noobies down!

michaelbehlen,

A thousand apologies. Please visit your local tobacconist. Please make sure you are wearing a white guyabera with a white, tank-top t-shirt when you go. Only real cigar smokers use Xikar products. You won't want to use a lighter (not even a torch lighter!) on your cigar, but instead, light a cedar strip and light your cigar that way. Find the most expensive, darkest cigar in there you can. I would suggest the Padron Family Reserver 44 Years. If they don't have it, roll your eyes and huff, and mention under your breath that the cigar shop is beneath you. Start making loud accusations that you know the owner, and you've never been treated like this. Look disparagingly on other patrons that aren't smoking what you are smoking. Make sure you light up whatever cigar you buy, despite any rules that mention otherwise, because that's what real cigar smokers do.

Please smoke (in this order):
    Padron 80th Natural
    Padron Milennium - only smoke the first 3/4 of this cigar. Trust me.
    Padron 4000 Maduro
    Padron 1926 #9
    And, my personal favorite: Padron 1928 Maduro - insist upon it!!!

Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you as a community - make additional sampler suggestions, provide you with online stores with great selections, hold your dick while you take a piss, whatever.

I love it. That's too funny!

2. Default

Thank you for the help gentleman. The "Anything by a certain brand" was a little unspecific, not because it was, but due to my lack of knowledge on the subject. I believed I was looking for a more specific answer. I wil be buying an "edge" and some Padron's this evening and come back with an update. I have visited my local shop and they have made some great suggestions. Also, the sarcasm was probally the best suggestion. Feels just like home.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    George,

I am surprised at your response. Today's newbies need clear cut, absolute fail-safe direction in deciding upon which cigars they will or will not smoke. It's our responsibility, er, rather, our duty as members of this board to spell everything out for them, despite having this wealth of knowledge at their disposal. Your input and clear direction is paramount to their enjoyment of your hobby. Let's try to not let these noobies down!

michaelbehlen,

A thousand apologies. Please visit your local tobacconist. Please make sure you are wearing a white guyabera with a white, tank-top t-shirt when you go. Only real cigar smokers use Xikar products. You won't want to use a lighter (not even a torch lighter!) on your cigar, but instead, light a cedar strip and light your cigar that way. Find the most expensive, darkest cigar in there you can. I would suggest the Padron Family Reserver 44 Years. If they don't have it, roll your eyes and huff, and mention under your breath that the cigar shop is beneath you. Start making loud accusations that you know the owner, and you've never been treated like this. Look disparagingly on other patrons that aren't smoking what you are smoking. Make sure you light up whatever cigar you buy, despite any rules that mention otherwise, because that's what real cigar smokers do.

Please smoke (in this order):
    Padron 80th Natural
    Padron Milennium - only smoke the first 3/4 of this cigar. Trust me.
    Padron 4000 Maduro
    Padron 1926 #9
    And, my personal favorite: Padron 1928 Maduro - insist upon it!!!

Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you as a community - make additional sampler suggestions, provide you with online stores with great selections, hold your dick while you take a piss, whatever.

3. Default

Wanted to say thanks Ggiese! Appreciate your direct approach.
    Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I'm struggling a bit here....

You said you like the RP 1990's, and asked for opinions about other cigars you should try. You've been offered two very solid alternatives - The "Edge" and anything Padron. I personally know both to be very valid recommendations based upon what you've indicated you like - and I know the recommendations were made because they were "simillar in tastes"(sic). How much more "specific" would you like us to be?

Give this a shot - before you ask any more questions, smoke those two cigars and let us know your thoughts compared to the RP 1990. We'll go from there...

4. Default Fifteen fatties maduro sampler

http://www.thompsoncigar.com

there is all kinds of samplers here. but i recomind trying the, FIFTEEN FATTIES MADURO SAMPLER
    for only $29.95
    Ben H Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Benwiliams View Post

there is all kinds of samplers here. but i recomind trying the, FIFTEEN FATTIES MADURO SAMPLER
    for only $29.95
    I do not recommend anyone order form Thompson.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Quote Originally Posted by Benwiliams View Post

for only $29.95
    First you recommend "Dutch Masters" in another thread - and now you're recommending Thompson's in this thread???

Just a suggestion, Ben - perhaps you should soak up the collective knowledge on this forum before you offer these suggestions, lest you find yourself deep in a hole you might not be able to climb out of (e.g. no credibility within the community).

Just sayin'

Thread Information