Thread: Saving cigars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default the smaller the better

geting smaller cigars like a cigarillo or a dutch master cigar. they are smaller and it will not take so long to smoke as if you were smokeing a bigger cigar. they are cheaper to so you save money and time.
    Ben H Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Benwiliams View Post
    geting smaller cigars like a cigarillo or a dutch master cigar. they are smaller and it will not take so long to smoke as if you were smokeing a bigger cigar. they are cheaper to so you save money and time.
    Oh, boy...
    Okay - logically Cigar smoking is the act of smoking a "cigar". And following that logic, smoking ANY kind of cigar really is smoking a cigar.

However - you suggest the cigar he smoke be a "Dutch Master"? Really? You haven't even met the guy and you already don't like him?

Maybe you would encourage your best friend to smoke a "Dutch Master" - and (I guess) that's okay. But for me it's not just smoking a cigar for the sake of smoking - I really want to enjoy what I smoke. I ain't recommending to ANYONE they smoke a "Dutch Master".

Just sayin'

I had one of those plastic Cigar Savor tubes back in the day (for golf) with that spring loaded aluminum disc on the bottom that held the ashes...no good. IF the concept even worked and the cigar stayed fresh enough to smoke...the ash smell permeated the cigar while stored....even for a short time and made it taste horrible when you tried to relight it. Then, if you cut off the ash end and put it in there, that still never worked because the thing wasn't really airtight to begin with to preserve any amount of freshness. There's no saving grace here...once lit, you tasted the best that cigar was able to be.

Like everyone mentioned (even the hard-headed, Yankee bashing, stuck in last place Red Sux fan), instead of smoking a torpedo, smoke a small beli. Instead of smoking a robusto, smoke a corona size stick, etc. You just need to realistically assess your smoking time and chose your cigar accordingly based on that amount of smoking time.

Plus, if you subscribe to this...you get to buy way more cigars and justify it by saying it's a necessity!

Thread Information