Thread: Probably Not the First, Hopefully Not the Last

Lightbulb Probably Not the First, Hopefully Not the Last

I love Viper's beads, but I gotta admit, the deal is in the 1/2 lb. - 1 lb. bag. But, what do you do with loose beads?

At first, I used shot glasses strategically placed, kept the humidity down, but only half the beads were really being used. Plus, if somebody bumped into the thing, well, let's just be glad that didn't happen.

But, today, while dozing off, I had a vision: take my plastic humidifier case that held florist foam (you need to remove the florist foam), then line with muslin/cheese cloth, and BAM, I've got myself a little humidifier like the one Viper sells on his site (except, I've still got a 1/4 lb or more extra beads left over for future expansion). Thing is working beautifully.

Just thought I'd share my $ .02.
    Last edited by BigMacFU; 07-20-2005 at 06:24 PM.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

You know i was thinking of doing the same thing when trying to come up with a setup that didn't take up much space in my 100 ct.

Glad to hear it works great! Good job!
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

DITTO that.

I recently got the beads too and have them in the bag I ordered. However I wanted to put some up top as well. Thought I would use the old humidifier as well. However, I cannot seem to keep the damn thing attached to the lid of my humi.

Suggestions?
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Talking

Jason,

Buy some velcro strips, put one side on the lid, the other on the humidifier case and BAM! Remember, you might want to air out the stick'em on the velcro, so once attached, leave the humidor open for 30-60 minutes. Probably doesn't make a difference, but better safe than sorry.

Besides, you don't want to ruin any ISOMs you have, or Bolivars for that matter
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I didn't order my beads from Heartfelt.... big mistake.... but that is another story....

I was feeling very much like Martha Stewart one day on cut out the top and bottom of a Tupperware like container ($1.50). Then bought some plastic that looks like screen material only bigger holes. I then hot glued it to the holes I cut out.. I have it sitting on the middle shelf of my cooler and get air circulation from both top and bottom...... Does it help ??? I really don't know but the humidity is always at 63-65%..... Or you could take one of your wifes old pantyhose and use that...... But that just looks like a big "nut sack".......

Quote Originally Posted by jaewing
    DITTO that.

I recently got the beads too and have them in the bag I ordered. However I wanted to put some up top as well. Thought I would use the old humidifier as well. However, I cannot seem to keep the damn thing attached to the lid of my humi.

Suggestions?
    Most home centers like Lowes, Home Depot etc. have Industrial strength Velcro. This stuff is great. Make sure you get the industrial strength version.

Thread Information