It's weird how the death of someone you never met can impact you. Like most of you, I grew up with the Beastie Boys.

I remember when I was 8 or 9 years old and my "cool" older neighbor played License to Ill(on a cassette boom box) while he taught me how to do an Ollie on a skate board. I must have rewound that tape to hear "Girls" about 20 times in row. I remember Mike(my neighbor) telling me to stop doing that and he ordered me to flip the tape so he could hear "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" and "Brass Monkey." I was hooked. I saw them live a few times and I'm grateful to have been able to.

Even stranger, I just found out about MCA last night. I was watching "Fringe" from 2 weeks ago that I had recorded on my DVR and it was on a commercial segment for the 11 o'clock news. I was so shocked that I forgot I was watching a recording from 2 weeks ago and posted this thread thinking that he had just passed yesterday. It's fucking weird that no one at work or any of my friends mentioned it. Apparently my wife knew; she didn't say anything about it to me either.