Thread: Camaguey Cigars

Default Camaguey Cigars

I tried a Magnum Torpedo in a fantastic ruby red wrapper made by these guys the other day. I was very impressed. The smoke was very smooth and tasty. The wrapper was great, no burning sensation on the lips - very neutral. I bought two more smaller torpedo and will be having one this afternoon.

What I am seeking is information on the maker. I can't find a thing. Also I was wondering if anyone else has tried these and what they thought? I was really impressed by the magnum torpedo.

Finally does anyone know where I can get these online? I know I can get them at my shop but I would be interested in buy some by the box. (hopefully for less online).

Thanks

Default NHcigarfan....

Hmmmm....did you buy these at Cigars Etc. in Plaistow?

Quote Originally Posted by MMAB
    Hmmmm....did you buy these at Cigars Etc. in Plaistow?

I bought them at Gold Leaf Tobacconist in Seabrook NH. I tried one of the smaller torpedo's last night. It was actually a factory "second" and it was ok but not nearly as good as the magnum.

Default Ah HA!

I've been there too! Not a bad place.

I frequent Cigars Etc in Plaistow and also Two Guys in Salem.

Oh! By the way. I tried a couple of the Camag's from Cigars Etc a couple of weeks ago. Not bad but not one I'll buy often. I saw the Rosados the other day and almost bought one but I remembered a Perdomo Rosado that I disliked, so........
    Last edited by MMAB; 07-27-2005 at 04:17 PM.

I like two guys in Salem. Nice store. They have their first franchise opening about a 1/2 mile south of Gold Leaf in Seabrook. I have never been to the shop in Plaistow, I'll have to check it out sometime. I also hit federal cigars in Portsmouth. They have a pretty decent humidor at the downtown Portsmouth location. Lots of high end stuff like the Padron 1964's, Opus X etc.

Are you familiar with 2 guys 20 anniv. celebration coming up? http://www.2guyssmokeshop.com/anniversary.asp

It's pricey at $200 bucks but once you price out the meal, 20 cigars, door prizes and drinks it really is break-even deal. I just rarely spend 200 bucks like that. It does look like fun.I just found it easier to rationalize going when 400 tickets are being sold which means I will have a 1 in 400 chance to win the Hummer. That alone is worth at least $100.

Yeah, not boasting (honest), one of the owners at Two Guys used to be a customer of mine when I worked in Georgetown, MA. He told me about the new Salem location they're planning, offered me a part time job too. But I value my personal time WAY too much at the moment to take a second job.

When he told me about the new location, that's the first thing that hit me was the couple that own Gold Leaf. Nice folks. I wonder what the competition will do.

The Two Guys events are cool. But I have other things to spend $200 on right now. Like cigars, air fare to Florida, cigars, air fare to Florida, more cigars, more air fare, etc.

Blog Entries

Hmmmm, I've never heard of these. Are they possibly some local brand? Camaguey is an area in Cuba but I've never heard of this as a cigar brand.

Where's Scotty when we need him I'm sure he'd have some useless knowledge to add to the thread.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 07-27-2005 at 11:31 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

8. Default PB's useless info

I know a guy by the name of José Perez, owner of El Mio Cigars and an expert Cuban cigar roller. He rolled Cuban Montecristos, from a young age, for 24 years before his family fled. Rolls El Mio cigars right there in his store on Plano Rd at Arapaho in Richardson TX. He actually goes by the name of the place he was born...Camaguey, which as CC said, is in Cuba. But his cigars are called El Mio Cigars. When I saw your post, this is the guy I thought of. After researching that brand, I know the same as I did to start with. Nothing, I can't find a thing on them.

My guess is they are crafted to mimic a Cuban. Though without real Cuban tobacco that usually fails. However, if you say these are good, I will have to keep my eye peeled.

Now CC, I know you are happy, seeing as how you wanted useless info from ole Scrote. I hope I didn't let you down as a stand in.

Blog Entries

No, actually while we didn't know anything about the cigar in question, our posts were 1000% more useful than anything ole Scotty would have had to offer
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

10. Default

your right!

I had first heard of them a month or so but had never seen the until last week. I called Gold Leaf Tobacconist where I bought them and they told me they were a new brand that they have only had for a couple of weeks.

I'm don't believe they are trying to emulate Cubans, only draw inspiration from some of the older figurado type shapes. Of course I am basing this on flavor, which was good medium flavor with limited spice but not as dynamic as the limited number of Cubans I have tried. I tried one of the smaller torpedo's, it was ok. The Magnum was really nice but you also have to figure the size into the equation. When I first had it I wasn't even sure it was burning because it was burning so cool.

If you guys get a chance to try one I recommend giving it a shot. Go for the Magnum. I't big, but it was only 4.95 so it won't break the bank if you don't finish it all.

12. Default

I tried these. They're fantastic! The wrappers on the oscuros are like dark chocolate. Been getting mine at a local place, and from overstockcigars.com when the locals are out.

~Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

Francesco "Frankie Croutons" Salerno
    Last edited by FrankieCroutons; 08-30-2005 at 05:56 PM. Reason: wanted to add a URL

Hmmmm, I read about these yesterday on another forum:

http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=14938

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

Default Interesting Hugh (damn that avatar is f'in hilarious!)

I tried a couple. I thought they were OK but nothing I'd buy again.

Just goes to show ya', one man's meat is another man's poison.

Thread Information