Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
Yes and no...

I ran into this in Salt Lake City, UT on a visit to a tobacco shop. They were charging ungodly prices on Anejo's. The store clerk suggested the Anejo was the "Cadillac" of cigars and commanded such a high price. I walked out...

According to Fuente - it is strictly enforced at a retailer that is shipped Opus X and Anejo cigars. So - if the dealer jacks the prices through the roof, if Fuente finds out they will reduce or eliminate shipments of Opus' to them again and it will seriously jeopardize their receiving other Fuente product (other than Curly Heads or Montessino). However - if they do not receive Opus and purchase from an "alternate" source (other than Fuente), the dealer would be permitted to charge more. Fuente has little control in that case.

I would suggest to you that if your retailer is a Fuente shop, they've been shipped those Opus A's at retail by Fuente and they're charging $60 each without basis for the pricing (e.g. taxes included) - Fuente would take a very dim view. You may want to a gentle conversation with your shop owner and ask if they receive Opus from Fuente. You might also want to have their take on the Fuente "MAP pricing" as well. It might just lead to a considerable discount.

BTW - $30-35 is what retail price should be on a Opus X "A" size.
Bingo....that's the question!!