Thread: Hello again...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hello again...

I've been out of the loop in the forum for awhile now...I think the last time I was active was January. I was gearing up for a trip to see my Dad in the Philippines and right before I arrived he was hospitalized with CHF and diabetic renal failure. Unfortunately, he passed away a couple of days after I arrived...alot of things seemed to fall by the wayside.

It's been almost 6 months now and the loss of someone so dear and the fear of your own mortality has softened a bit. The years of great memories seemed to have been overpowered by the last week of his life...that was tough to push out...the view of ICU nurses trying to bring your pops back a second time was traumatic. It isn't like the movies...it is much more violent than I could have imagined.

In the past couple of months, my cigar collection has really increased exponentially. Probably a subliminal response to Dad passing...who knows...just that any vestiges of buyers remorse I had are now totally non-existent. It's bled over to my single malt collection too...the one good thing is that my friends will never have to go to a B&M or a bar to get some good scotch. Life is too short...enjoy!

Formal Dining Room Humidor

Reading Room Humidor

Family Room Coffee Table Humidor

Family Room End Table Humidor #1

Family Room End Table Humidor #2

Office Humidor

Scotch/Whiskey/Bourbon Collection
    Last edited by AMGfan; 07-11-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Thread Information