Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Phones

Blog Entries

Immix is GSM 1900 with EDGE, according to their website. If all you want is a phone, I have a Nokia 6103b you can have - used by a little old lady and with less than 50 minutes use on it in over four years, so the battery is still good. Has Bluetooth and a basic camera.

Ya got to go with the iPhone! But wait a couple months if possible, the new one will be out soon...
    Out of all the interwebs and www's, I can say that this is my favorite smoke shop

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatra Samurai View Post
    Ya got to go with the iPhone! But wait a couple months if possible, the new one will be out soon...
    Iphone's are not for everyone.
    Some of us only use a phone to make phone calls and thats about it, so a Iphone is a waste.
    Last edited by Mangyrat; 07-30-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Samsung Galaxy S III

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    Iphone's are not for everyone.
    Some of us only use a phone to make phone calls and thats about it, so a Iphone is a waste.
    I'm one of those.

My work cell was replace a couple weeks ago. The old one was like 3 years old and started having issues. That was a Motorola flip style phone that would still have all but one "signal strength" bar when all the iPhones didn't have any.

The new phone I just got is a Samsung Rugby II flip phone. It's built extra tough, which I need because my phones get abused a lot.

I refuse to text. Whenever someone texts me, which isn't often, I simply call them back.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Immix is GSM 1900 with EDGE, according to their website.
    What does this mean? Does it mean even if I get a 3G or 4G phone, I could never get the speed out of it due to IMMIX's network?

Also, I saw mention that an iPhone will pick up wifi @ the house (or wherever) Does that work for Android?

(Yes, I'm still procrastinating the phone situation...)
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    What does this mean? Does it mean even if I get a 3G or 4G phone, I could never get the speed out of it due to IMMIX's network?
    Yes, your phone will only work as quickly as the network allows. When I'm out and about my phone will switch between 3G and 4G depending on the towers wherever I am.

Also, I saw mention that an iPhone will pick up wifi @ the house (or wherever) Does that work for Android?
    Yes. My android phone is actually an WiFi hotspot. Meaning, when my wife and I are driving somewhere, she can use my phone as an WiFi hotspot for her iPad allowing her full access to the internet. And, if I'm in an WiFi hotspot I can use it instead of my cell connection if I so choose.

Default Perelman Cigar Cyclopedia

Perelman Cigar Cyclopedia now also available for Windows Phone 7.5

Hi all,

We've just released the Perelman CigarCyclopedia (www.cigarcyclopedia.com) for Windows Phone 7.5

It contains all information in the actual Perelman book, 16th Edition: 1,473 brands with detailed info, for offline use.

For Windows Phone 7.5 simply download it from: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...?wa=wsignin1.0

For Blackberry, it is available at: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/15111

For iPhone/iTouch you can get it here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/perel...ia/id356717371.

For Android, it is available at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...edia2010&hl=en

Cheers,
    Ioan

Blog Entries

An update on this thread.

I know it's a bit out of date, but I scored an unlocked iphone 4 for 60 bucks from a buddy. This is wife's main Xmas present. I will have to take her SIM card, and attempt to cut it to a micro SIM. It should work, but fingers crossed for this Xmas eve work. I'm going to slip it in her stocking, and call it the next morning after the initial wave of presents.

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

An update on this thread.

I know it's a bit out of date, but I scored an unlocked iphone 4 for 60 bucks from a buddy. This is wife's main Xmas present. I will have to take her SIM card, and attempt to cut it to a micro SIM. It should work, but fingers crossed for this Xmas eve work. I'm going to slip it in her stocking, and call it the next morning after the initial wave of presents.
    That should score you some points!

Blog Entries

Good idea, but if you really want to score some points, you should give me the number and let me call it. I can talk in my Brent Honcho voice.

Just let me know. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    Good idea, but if you really want to score some points, you should give me the number and let me call it. I can talk in my Brent Honcho voice.

Just let me know. Thanks.
    Ah, uh..ummm lemme think about it.

Uncle Tupelo

I was not an Apple fan - until I won an iPad 2. I really got to like that thing.

When the new iPhone 5s came out - Verizon dumped their stock of iPhone 5's for $99. That lasted about 2 weeks. I immediately ran out and got one for me, and one for momma. Best thing I've ever done with a smartphone. And I was very lucky - had a couple of folks who really wanted our Droid Razr's - covered our upgrade! (Timing is everything!)

Yep - Will - you will be her hero! The only problem will be - it's a 3G phone. No doubt she will be wanting the iPhone 5 upgrade shortly when it's sometimes slow. It's a slippery slope you're on...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I was not an Apple fan - until I won an iPad 2. I really got to like that thing.

When the new iPhone 5s came out - Verizon dumped their stock of iPhone 5's for $99. That lasted about 2 weeks. I immediately ran out and got one for me, and one for momma. Best thing I've ever done with a smartphone. And I was very lucky - had a couple of folks who really wanted our Droid Razr's - covered our upgrade! (Timing is everything!)

Yep - Will - you will be her hero! The only problem will be - it's a 3G phone. No doubt she will be wanting the iPhone 5 upgrade shortly when it's sometimes slow. It's a slippery slope you're on...
    Oh, you don't have to tell me. Of course, this thing will be like 50computeryears newer than her current flip phone brick.

Uncle Tupelo

Oh, you don't have to tell me. Of course, this thing will be like 50computeryears newer than her current flip phone brick.
    LOL. Prior to the Droid Razr upgrade, momma and I had "50computeryears" phones. We could not even donate them they were so old (....although I hear some telephone museum picked them up for .10 each at a Salvation Army store and they're one of the leading attractions...)

Now it's gotten to the point, though, that momma has recognized the smartphone can do more than just make calls. But there is no going back - momma won't have any part of that...

Right after your post this morning there was a great commercial for a local pawn shop - a young lady opens a package and finds an iPhone. I wish I could find it and post it - I imagined it to be representative of what your house will look like when she finds it...

Blog Entries

Oooo I cut her card down and it works! I'm so excited.

I want to go burn one now in celebration, but it's almost 1, and I better just pack it in because the little one patted me on the arm tonight at bedtime AFTER I thought she was asleep and said "I'll get you up tomorrow, as soon as there's light in the room"

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information