Thread: where I've been.

Default where I've been.

Hi gang. Just wanted to pop in and give you a little insight as to why I haven't been around. I know you guys worry.

After 5 weeks of renovations, I opened my own pizzeria. It's another branch of my family's Umberto's. We officially opened on July 9th. Since then I have been working at least 14 hours a day, 7 days a week. I'm exhausted, but can't sleep well most nights. I miss my daughters terribly. And my wife is usually upset with me. I miss her too. Business is pretty slow, but gets a little better each day. We have been met with nothing but praise on our pizza/food thus far. A few locals were angry that the restaurant we took over sold, as they were there for 30 years. The original owners kept the sale pretty quiet. We have some shoes to fill in the community. Rumor has it that my dining room is fuller, during the peak hours of lunch and dinner, than the original store has been in the past 5 years. On top of everything, I think that I may have developed my first ulcer.

With all of this going on, I've still been able to have an occasional midnight cigar. Usually while doing office work for the store. As of right now I'm keeping myself in rotation for the newbie samplers, and staying on board for the puro pass. If anything changes with those, I'll let the corresponding authorities know. I'm trying to keep up with with what is going on here, usually just reading. Hope you all are doing well and if any of you come to Long Island, you are more then welcomed to come visit.

Glad to hear your restaurant is going well and it sucks to hear about the other stuff but hang in there!

Blog Entries

Congratulations Rich!

As long as you have that cheese, I think the place will be unique and that will be the hook that will lead to success.

I know it is hard to think about work-life balance so soon after starting a new business, but your health is important, and your children only grow up once.

We'll miss you at QSH. Take care!

Blog Entries

Congrats Rich, and good luck.

You should take some time and pull down those gaudy MR5 trophies...
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Im glad to hear the new store is working out.

Ulcers are no fun.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

The new store news is very cool........congrats!

The possible ulcer isn't!

Here's hoping it's not an ulcer and things at the store imrpove to the point you can actually have some downtime for relaxing and family!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

Congrats on the new store. I hope your possible ulcer issue gets better. Take care.

Thanks guys. I didn't really have an ulcer, I was just stressed out. Things are getting better already. The new guys are starting to get it, which takes a lot of my plate. We still have a way to go, but we're getting there. I didn't point it the perks in my first post. Being my own boss is great. It's alot of work but very rewarding. In a few months it should be running smoother and I'll get to step back a little.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Good luck with your new business! I hope your wife treats you well despite her grievances. What is your things are going pretty good. I'm sure once things settle down you will have top-notch family time again. Good luck.
    Just another day at the office!

Blog Entries

Very cool Rich, hope things calm down enough for you soon. It's 8am here now but I'm really hungry for some pizza now...
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Congratsssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

ok send some of that pizza over to the Red Sox make a new tradition!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Thread Information