Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New here-Cuban ?'s

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    ..and Will - I would suggest it might be foolish to argue with Bill about mechanics tools. Far more than a "weekend mechanic", Bill does do quite a bit of work on cars - and intimately knows the differences between the quality of tool manufacturers. He's one of those individuals I have called on when I've had a question about what the best tool would be to do the job - knowing that he would be in a position to best know...
    That's good to know. I'm sure he's the only one out there that works on cars, or anything...

The only thing "foolish" about arguing with Bill is that he loves to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    It's hard to argue when you don't understand the differences...

You're an engineer - you would know. If you took apart a Snap On tool and compared the "guts" to a Craftsman - do you really believe it to be apples to apples?

Before you answer that question - I'd highly recommend you do your "research"...

You're ignorance is truly shocking to me. The idea you'd argue that ignorance is even more shocking.
    Never said they were "apples to apples" just that they weren't 5+ apples, or in the case of sockets 14+ apples.

Your ignorance is shocking to me, especially when you obviously don't know my background or experience on the subject.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

2. Default

My youngest son is a professional "mechanic", although I wouldn't call him that if I were you. He uses both. Snap On for the tools he uses most; Craftsman for the jobs he does least. From what he tells me, there's no sense spending money on Snap On for jobs you might do once a year or less

Doc
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    How do you know Craftsman sockets suck, and break all the time if you've replaced them?

I'll give you the screwdriver example.
    I don't understand your question and you're pulling your Scotty crap again by claiming I said something that I never said. I NEVER said they break "all the time"

Here's what I said:

"Craftsman sockets suck and break far more often than Snap-On sockets" and that's a true statement.

"far more often" is completely different from your false "all the time" claim so please, knock it off.......

When I've brought the broken ones back to Sears and got replacements, they've broken too. And I'm not using them improperly, they break because they suck. I've never broken a Snap-On socket.

Your Craftsman to Snap-On socket set comparison is apples to oranges (you cited Snap-On DEEP sockets and Craftsman REGULAR sockets and for someone like you who claims you know better, you're either not anywhere near as smart as you're trying to lead us all to believe or you are that smart and your deliberately misleading us. Either way you're wrong and irresponsible), and you're real vague on the tool CHEST (not "tools" but "tools chest") comparison so that's not valid either, try again.

Geez, talk about someone who "likes to argue" you've gotten to the point where you're not even arguing rationally, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing and you're losing.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....re&dir=catalog

Yeah, I did have the wrong link. Sorry, then compare $258/$29.99 = 8.6 more apples

I'm also sorry that you can't consider that I may have a point, that Snap-on tools may not cost THAT MUCH MORE to produce, but their prices reflect a measurable increase in quality, proprietary design cost, distribution & marketing.

Do you feel their prices are justified, and if so, why don't you just order directly from the website, or have your bro pick you up tools off the snappy truck?
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

That's good to know. I'm sure he's the only one out there that works on cars, or anything...

The only thing "foolish" about arguing with Bill is that he loves to argue.

Never said they were "apples to apples" just that they weren't 5+ apples, or in the case of sockets 14+ apples.

Your ignorance is shocking to me, especially when you obviously don't know my background or experience on the subject.
    Congratulations, Will - you've won the argument! Our community should know the truth! I concede to you and Craig's (and ultimately Lew Rothman's) incredibly insightful knowledge and understanding of the costs of cigar manufacturing.

I admit - I was very ignorant to think otherwise. In that - I believe it would be appropriate for me to take a vacation for a while to reflect on my incredibly foolish belief that it would be any other way.

6. Default

I maintain on a fleet of IH-Navistar trucks and the booms mounted on them on the weekend . I have quite a mix of tools I use ,S&K ,old Thorsen ,Napa professional ,Klein ,old Cornwell ,Cobalt . I have chineese wrenches after 1 1/2 size since they get beat on pretty hard and its no big loss if I break one. Craftsman are ok but they need to spend some research on how they fit in a mans hand .
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    you obviously missed the "beaten to death" disclaimer in craig's post. This thread for sure qualifies.
    rotflmao!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Blog Entries

I miss this thread entirely and I just spent some time reading though this and found some very interesting banter. I think KB's post had a lot of truth to it and put things into perspective. However I went down stairs and I ask my husband snap on or craftsmen which is better? He said what are you doing..... it makes all the difference in the world. He said for working on engines it's snap on. Last longer, breaks less and they have very good costumer service. You do pay for that service. He said you could compare them to Avon they come to the buyer and you have that personal connection with the distributor "Old school" However, for what I do working with wood and repairing things I'll go with craftsman tools. It's what my dad used it's what I grew up with it's tradition "Oh and never buy tools from home cheap O (Not kidding that what he said) He also said but I do look for both kinds of hand tools at yard sales. If its cheap enough I buy it, it happens to break, then I get a new one and at my next sale I'll sell it for 1/2 what a new one cost at the store. Anyhow I thought it was pretty funny it's like he had read this thread.
    Last edited by cinda; 09-26-2012 at 09:32 PM.

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

to make it endure

I think I just gave away my last Flor De Baloney today. As for cubans-they are not what they used to be pre-revolution. I had a H Upmann cuban in Cancun that was worse than the Flor De Baloney I gave away. I did find a pretty good cuban corona in an aluminum tube---Flor DE Cano. (around $ 2 -10 years ago).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tonygraz View Post
    I think I just gave away my last Flor De Baloney today. As for cubans-they are not what they used to be pre-revolution. I had a H Upmann cuban in Cancun that was worse than the Flor De Baloney I gave away. I did find a pretty good cuban corona in an aluminum tube---Flor DE Cano. (around $ 2 -10 years ago).
    Really? I'd love to hear more about your experience with pre-revolution Cuban cigars.

Anal Smoke Guest

Really? I'd love to hear more about your experience with pre-revolution Cuban cigars.
    Unfortunately I only got a few whiffs of them as I didn't smoke back then. I do know that many PR cubans had Connecticut wrappers or binders and that ended after the revolution. I also remember a favorable initial public reaction to the revolution until they discovered Fidel was a commie.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tonygraz
    Unfortunately I only got a few whiffs of them as I didn't smoke back then. I do know that many PR cubans had Connecticut wrappers or binders and that ended after the revolution. I also remember a favorable initial public reaction to the revolution until they discovered Fidel was a commie.
    Um, ok, upon what exactly is the statement below based? I know nothing about you since you have made no attempt to introduce yourself, so I have to ask.

snip....As for cubans-they are not what they used to be pre-revolution. ....snip

Refer to the second sentence of the first quoted paragraph.

Blog Entries

Refer to the second sentence of the first quoted paragraph.
    Cool, that gives me a frame of reference from which to read all your posts, i.e. one who reads and/or is told something and posts it as if from personal experience.

Perhaps instead of looking for a frame of reference you might just read the posts first.

Perhaps instead of looking for a frame of reference you might just read the posts first.
    Enjoy your stay.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Blog Entries

What? I read the post, exactly as you posted it. You made a statement of which you could have absolutely no knowledge, by your own admission. Now, if it is your opinion that cuban cigars have lost something since the revolution.......you should state it as such. Since you admit you have not smoked any....and frankly I highly doubt you were old enough to smoke then, and maybe even not alive, any such opinion you would have would be bullshit as well, imo.

Perhaps you should read more before you continue posting here, I don't think this forum is suited for you. This is not cbid, the cupid network, or puff. We tend to like people who post as they are and don't pretend to be something they are not.

Blog Entries

this isn't the cupid network, .
    It isn't.?....dam I knew something was wrong!

to make it endure

Blog Entries

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....re&dir=catalog

Yeah, I did have the wrong link. Sorry, then compare $258/$29.99 = 8.6 more apples

I'm also sorry that you can't consider that I may have a point, that Snap-on tools may not cost THAT MUCH MORE to produce, but their prices reflect a measurable increase in quality, proprietary design cost, distribution & marketing.

Do you feel their prices are justified, and if so, why don't you just order directly from the website, or have your bro pick you up tools off the snappy truck?
    I feel their prices are justified but if I can get them cheaper somewhere else, then I do. I have regular access to a Snap-On truck and sometimes I buy tools at full retail plus tax directly from him, what's your point?

I think their tools do indeed cost more to produce since they are made in the USA instead of China or some third world country. Same thing with the work boots I buy, I buy Danner's that are made in the USA and they cost $350.00 Yep, there are also Danner's that are made in China that only cost $200.00 but they are significantly lower quality then the ones made here in the USA.

And once again, you still are either too stupid to see that the new link for the socket set you provided is NOT the same and the link to the Craftsman set you referenced because the Snap On set goes up to 1 1/8" and the Craftsman one only goes up to 15/16" OR you're deliberately still comparing apples to oranges figuring no one will bother to see if your pulling you "apples to oranges" comparison again (which you are), so please be truthful from now on if that's at all possible for you, okay? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 10-03-2012 at 10:13 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information