Quote Originally Posted by reiser219 View Post
glass topped box
That's a guarantee those are fake Cohiba's. I saw many boxes like that in Mexico when I went to Playa del Carmen area last March. The street vendors all had the fake Cohiba's in glass boxes and tubes for sale. To the best of my knowledge, Cohiba has never put out any cigars in a glass topped box. Or a glass tube.

I read your other thread and the responses there and I agree with what you've already heard from other members.

The cigars you bought are more than likely made with all Mexican tobacco. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I brought back a a bunch of Mexica cigars and did so because I enjoy them. So with luck, the ones you bought are decent and your father will enjoy them. You also paid a pretty good price for them (way to go bargaining!) so all in all, you did ok. You just didn't get real Cohiba's.

Being as how I live in Canada, Cuban's are available here so I've tried quite a few different ones and I don't honestly think Cohiba's are that much better than a lot of other Cuban cigars so I really don't understand why they're more expensive. I think that's just due to smarrt advertising by the Cohiba company.