Thread: Ipcpr 2012

Blog Entries

Default Ipcpr 2012

The big show starts this week; this time in Orlando.

My picks for the most interesting hype:
    -Pete Johnson has a new line, l'Atelier, knocking off the Behikes - Ashauler now has a new cigar to try;
    -Master marketer Jose Blanco's first efforts at Joya de Nicaragua are coming out as Cuenca y
    Blanco - serious, serious, hype;
    -Liga Privada Único Papas Fritas - is the non-Cuban world ready for a $6 short-filler smoke?
    -Oliva tries (again) to move up-market with the "Series V Melanio Gran Reserva Limitado," supposedly instead the Master Blends IV. Does anyone even remember what the Special S tasted like?

Long list of what has been announced so far at http://www.halfwheel.com/halfwheel-guide-to-ipcpr-2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    The big show starts this week; this time in Orlando.

My picks for the most interesting hype:
    -Pete Johnson has a new line, l'Atelier, knocking off the Behikes - Ashauler now has a new cigar to try;
    -Master marketer Jose Blanco's first efforts at Joya de Nicaragua are coming out as Cuenca y
    Blanco - serious, serious, hype;
    -Liga Privada Único Papas Fritas - is the non-Cuban world ready for a $6 short-filler smoke?
    -Oliva tries (again) to move up-market with the "Series V Melanio Gran Reserva Limitado," supposedly instead the Master Blends IV. Does anyone even remember what the Special S tasted like?

Long list of what has been announced so far at http://www.halfwheel.com/halfwheel-guide-to-ipcpr-2012
    The manager @ my B&M was trying to hype the bolded one up to me the other day while I was picking something up. Guess they're pushing the hype down the line...
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

It has been hyped for what seems like over a year - ever since Blanco 'retired' from La Aurora and then showed up at JdN - no non-compete there. On the face of it, the cigars should be good - JdN had/has some good tobacco but seemingly not a lot of blending experience with other tobacco, and and Blanco has done lots of blending of tobacco from different countries. I am willing to bet it makes CA's Top 25, if not top ten or better. (I think the same will happen with the Oliva V Melanio.)

Thread Information