Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent Cigar Aquistion

Default Recent Cigar Aquistion

Hi all, New here...

I recently came across a box of Partagas Churchill De Luxe Habanos. The cigar was discontinued in 2006. Has anyone ever had one of these?

oh and before anyone flames me, I live in Bahrain, where Cuban cigars are legal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheElf View Post
    oh and before anyone flames me, I live in Bahrain, where Cuban cigars are legal.
    Why the fuck would anyone flame you for what you wrote in the OP?
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Geesh, what a pussy.

A little premature on the flame worry but at least he seems to have read the rules regarding discussion of cuban cigars. And to the OP no I have never had one.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Hi all, New here...

I recently came across a box of Partagas Churchill De Luxe Habanos. The cigar was discontinued in 2006. Has anyone ever had one of these?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Yes.
    I'll second that YES.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Why the fuck would anyone flame you for what you wrote in the OP?
    Reference another thread recently started by another newcomer where the OP was lectured about stating where he was from because he asked about a Cubans. Maybe not a "flame" per se, but it was definitely a lecture, and not the most pleasant "welcome aboard, glad to see a new guy" type response. I realized I hadn't mentioned where I was from and had mentioned Cuban cigars. I thought it might be prudent to clarify that I was living in Bahrain.

here is the thread...
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/threads/...uick-questions

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Geesh, what a pussy.
    lol...wow, you used harsh language...you are clearly really tough, and cool too...

Blog Entries

Reference another thread recently started by another newcomer where the OP was lectured about stating where he was from because he asked about a Cubans. Maybe not a "flame" per se, but it was definitely a lecture, and not the most pleasant "welcome aboard, glad to see a new guy" type response. I realized I hadn't mentioned where I was from and had mentioned Cuban cigars. I thought it might be prudent to clarify that I was living in Bahrain.

here is the thread...
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/threads/...uick-questions
    Did you ask or provide sources in your inquiry?

Uncle Tupelo

11. Default

Yes.
    Thanks for the sincere response. I'm just curious as normally I buy cigars that aren't too aged. These are 6 years old, and I had never come across smokes so aged.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe View Post
    A little premature on the flame worry but at least he seems to have read the rules regarding discussion of cuban cigars. And to the OP no I have never had one.
    perhaps, but it seemed I should take the precaution.

Thanks for the sincere response. I'm just curious as normally I buy cigars that aren't too aged. These are 6 years old, and I had never come across smokes so aged.
    Cuban's almost certainly do better with some years on them. As a matter of fact - there are quite a few vendors (particularly the Asian market) that carefully age their stock. It should not be awfully difficult to dig up 2006 Partagas'

Age does make a difference with Cuban's and Partagas is one of the better cigars with age. 1998 is my favorite year - have a couple of different marcas and vitolas 1998 vintage cigars still laying around in my humidor. I also have 1984 and 1986 Davidoff's. Those are fairly difficult to find these days.

14. Default

Cuban's almost certainly do better with some years on them. As a matter of fact - there are quite a few vendors (particularly the Asian market) that carefully age their stock. It should not be awfully difficult to dig up 2006 Partagas'

Age does make a difference with Cuban's and Partagas is one of the better cigars with age. 1998 is my favorite year - have a couple of different marcas and vitolas 1998 vintage cigars still laying around in my humidor. I also have 1984 and 1986 Davidoff's. Those are fairly difficult to find these days.
    The only Cigar shops on the island are all run by the same folks. There are three shops here. It's hard to imagine them carefully aging their stock... All the guys who work there are Indian or Bangladeshi, and most of them don't even smoke. So it's hard to get any information about their stock from talking to them. But these sticks are legit. I smoked two of them and found them very good. There just isn't any way to compare the 2006 Churchill's with anything since they were discontinued. Good stogie though...

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Did you ask or provide sources in your inquiry?
    Not sure what you mean?

Blog Entries

"Where can I buy Cuban cigars?" <= asking for a source = bad.
    "I went to Cuba and have a box of glass-top Cohiba's. Does anyone want them?"<= selling = bad.
    "I found this cool website that sells Cuban and ships to the US" <= giving a source = bad.

Unfortunately, the second case often starts off with a post very similar to yours. Hence many are cautious initially.
    Last edited by craig; 08-02-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Not sure what you mean?
    It means you, like the person who's post you linked, didn't bother to read / understand the rules and regulations of this board. Indicating that you would be "flamed" for mentioning you have Cuban cigars and wondering if anyone else has smoked them proves you didn't initially familiarize yourself with our board.

Will

Uncle Tupelo

The only Cigar shops on the island are all run by the same folks. There are three shops here. It's hard to imagine them carefully aging their stock... All the guys who work there are Indian or Bangladeshi, and most of them don't even smoke. So it's hard to get any information about their stock from talking to them. But these sticks are legit. I smoked two of them and found them very good. There just isn't any way to compare the 2006 Churchill's with anything since they were discontinued. Good stogie though...
    Not to stereotype, but my experience with Indian or Bangladeshi cigar shop owners that do not smoke is the cigars they offer are sometimes good, but mostly bad. They typically are swayed by whatever source they're buying from. With Cuban cigars - the "legit" sources they would buy from would likely not give them enough margin to create the profits they'd be looking for. In other words - it's only about the "passion" of making money, not about the "passion" of smoking a good cigar. Very hit and mostly miss. Caveat Emptor....

And it does not surprise me that they do not offer aged cigars. Unless they realized there was some serious money in selling aged cigars - and in that case, every cigar they would offer would be aged...

Blog Entries

lol...wow, you used harsh language...you are clearly really tough, and cool too...
    Nah, not so tough, just call 'em like I see 'em. I'm no where near cool either, well, I'm kinda cool at the moment, but that will change quickly when I go outside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Nah, not so tough, just call 'em like I see 'em. I'm no where near cool either, well, I'm kinda cool at the moment, but that will change quickly when I go outside.
    I'm not cool either, it's freakin' hot these days even up in Canada.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information