Thread: a gift

1. Default a gift

I don't smoke a lot of cigars but my father does. I just bought him a box of Cohiba edition limitada 2012. Are these good/decent cigars and how do theses cigars usually cost

Quote Originally Posted by reiser219 View Post
    I don't smoke a lot of cigars but my father does. I just bought him a box of Cohiba edition limitada 2012. Are these good/decent cigars and how do theses cigars usually cost
    Wow! That's an awesome gift... Did you get the glasstop presentation case with those Edicion Limitada's?

Pricing depends on where you got them. If you buy them from the La Casa del Habano stores, they're pretty pricey. But - if you have a friend of a friend of a friend that knows someone that works in the factory - you can get them awfully cheap!

3. Default

Yeah, I bought the glass top set. I paid 80.00 for it, which breaks down to 3.20 a cigar. I bought it while I was on vacation

I don't smoke a lot of cigars but my father does. I just bought him a box of Cohiba edition limitada 2012. Are these good/decent cigars and how do "theses" cigars usually cost
    I'm pretty new to smoking cigars, so I'm not sure how much "thoses" cigars usually cost...Sorry I couldn't help, but maybe you could ask your father.?.

5. Default

sorry, I posted that from my phone and when i type it sometimes covers what I'm typing so I can't see it... I didnt put in the word "much" in there
    Last edited by reiser219; 08-13-2012 at 12:30 AM.

6. Default

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0302.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	3081
    here is a picture of one of them
    Last edited by reiser219; 08-13-2012 at 12:17 AM.

Blog Entries

8. Default

......never mind,I give up
    Last edited by kevin7; 08-13-2012 at 06:41 PM.
    The older I get ,the better I was

Yeah, I bought the glass top set. I paid 80.00 for it, which breaks down to 3.20 a cigar. I bought it while I was on vacation
    Sorry - they're not real Cohiba's. Very common to find these in tourist areas. They're worth about $2.00 each for what they are, depending on where they were made (which will be difficult since they were not made in the factory where legitimate Cohiba's are made). You probably could have talked the person down to $40 (I've seen as little as $20).

I hope they smoke well. Some times they do. Let us know what dad thinks - that's all that really matters.

Reiser contacted me via PM about these cigars. Not surprising, said he bought them while vacationing in Mexico and talked the guy's price down (good on you!).

Reiser....

The pictures you posted the cigars look a bit "rough" (if you put them against a real Cohiba you'd really see a difference), but they otherwise don't look bad. They're definitely not Cohiba's. Just be careful thinking or telling others they're Cuban cigars - they're very likely not.

If the roller was halfway skilled, all is not lost... That said - I oftentimes hear the cigars are at least smokeable and sometimes are pretty decent. They should be at least worth the $2-3 you paid for them. If dad's a cigar smoker - I'm sure he'll enjoy them. And - better yet - make some time to smoke at least one with him. That, in my view, would be the bigger treat.

Thread Information