Thread: Need Advice on Cigars

Blog Entries

Default Need Advice on Cigars

I'm at Camp Shelby and I am very low on cigars. The PX has a limited selection of La Unica and Cuestra Rey. I'm looking for recommendations. My only other choice is Quroms and I won't stoop to that level.

Blog Entries

Google turned up this place.

The Leaf Cigar Company
    28 Market Ct Hattiesburg, MS 39402
    601-271-7975

Their facebook page is here https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-L...44418882255185

It doesn't look like they have much, but probably much better than the PX.

If they have Cuesta Rey Sungrown's or Centro Fino, it's one of my favorite go-to's as just a regular smoke. I think they're a solidly good cigar. La Unica would be a bit less tempting, but I wouldn't necessarily turn it down if it was all that was available (both are made by Tabacalera Fuente for J.C. Newman).

...and if by chance they have any Cuesta Rey Stanford's Cameroon Reserve's (every once in a while I still find them in stores) - I'd be tempted to take every one you can get your hands on.

Blog Entries

We ended up with a box of Brick House cigars. I really think we should have tried a few before buying so many. They are not that well constructed and the draw is constricted. There is a distinct pepper taste and it leaves your mouth rather dry. Of course if you have enough liquid refreshment, they'll make do. I do have to admit that they are a fuller cigar flavor than I normally smoke so my impression might be judgemental.

I'm going to guess that the Brickhouse cigars were not well maintained by the retailer. I really enjoy this brand and have had nothing but well-made, great drawing cigars from them. My unsolicited advice would be to give them another chance from another vendor some time, they really are a great cigar in my opinion.

6. Default

Doesn't sound like any Brickhouse cigar I ever smoked and I just smoked one.

Doc
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Blog Entries

Over-humidified, perhaps?

They would be pretty strong compared to the few Cuesta-Ray that I have had.

Consider an Oliva G.

Blog Entries

I can't testify as to how they were stored because I didn't make the run into town to pick them up. It would make sense, because you also have to be careful with the cigars you get at the PX because they are stored in an open glass display case. We'll smoke these (have to) and when we come back next month we will bring more cigars. If anyone is interested, they do have Cuesta Rey Aristocats (glass tubed) and I could pick some up for you

Quote Originally Posted by JayMoses View Post
    Now, you have to cut down from your daily cigarette smoking if you want to reach your deadline. How many cigars you should cut down on the regular basis depends upon how heavy a smoker one is. You can substitute regular cigarettes with those of containing no smoke.
    What? Are you saying i can substitute E- cigarettes for cigars.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

S.R. if Mangy didn't already report it.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Well i had to try the Brickhouse cigars again and still they have problems.

First box i had was a a event introducing them. they were a little over humidified and split like crazy.
    2nd box was 6 months later and perfect RH 68% i let them rest a month and half the box still split and fell apart.
    Now a few months ago i picked up a hand full and have been smoking them at random, yep you guessed it 2 out of 5 fell apart cracking.

they have a nice taste but ill be damned if i waste any more time on them.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

I didn't care for the 2 I had-( 5x54 robusto ). Strong but I didn't sense any flavor to speak of. They did not show any signs of falling apart or cracking.

Thread Information