Thread: Turntables

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Last year I took my dad's collection out of storage and set up the entire thing. It's been nice to buy and listen to records. It isn't always easy to put on a record, sometimes you just have to use your iPod. However, records just sound so much better. I've also been listening to FLAC files through my computer and those sound just as good.
    "It was a pleasure to burn." - Ray Bradbury

Blog Entries

Whenever I listen to Miles, Birdman, Ella, Billie, Coltrane, etc. at the house it is on vinyl. Wifey and I sit out back with a glass of wine and unwind from the week. Sure I have to get up every so often to flip/change the record but the sound is so worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Score!

Lady was giving away their record collection on CL today. Box sets, single 33's, it was totally awesome. Mostly Big Band and Christmas carols, but also Isaac Hayes and Zeppelin II. I think I now own everything Jim Nabors ever did. Ever. Quite the eclectic collection.

First member in good standing who posts in this thread "Paul Anka albums make me feel like a real man" gets a fiver from me - PM me your address! Minimum 50 posts. Don't be a douchebag.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Ha! If I had to choose whether to listen to Jim Nabors on vinyl, or mp3 or cd, or whatever...I think I'd choose braille.

Thread Information