Quote Originally Posted by Sumatra Samurai View Post
Well there's your problem, you guys are using windows!
Let me guess, you're a Ubuntu fan?

If like me, a person enjoys gaming on their computer, they pretty much have no choice in the matter. Nobody writes games for Linux or UNIX and nowhere near enough game developers port their software over to Mac's. Not that I'd buy a Mac regardless.

Just FYI, I also run a couple OpenBSD boxes at home (one is my firewall/router) and at work, and a couple Linux boxes at home as well.

Back in the mid 90's when I went back to school to get into computers I had a good look around at the industry and saw how big a market share Microsoft had and pursued training in their platforms because I knew I'd never lack for work if I knew their OS's. I started in DOS with Windows 3.x and am fluent in every Windows based OS to come along since. With two exceptions.....Windows ME and Vista. I never touched either and never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
For some reason my main computer is running to good.
Ill fix that problem by upgrading to a new faster SSD and screw it all up.
ROFLMAO

That "issue" I had with my new gaming rig...........I figured it had to do with the 256 GB SSD I have installed as my primary drive. I also have a 2 TB SATA disk in the same box where I will install everything that's not a game as well as use as storage. But I thought I'd check out the SSD and see how that worked with regard to gaming. So I install my favorite games to that disk and they do seem to load faster than a comparable PC with a regular SATA/PATA drive.

If installing an SSD doesn't mess you up, do try running Windows update, that oughta do the trick.............