Thread: Good and Cheap?

1. Default Good and Cheap?

Hey guys, I'm a newbie both to this forum and to cigars. I am currently deployed to afghanistan and have just recently found the pleasurable experience of smoking cigars. I have been trying several of the diffferent kinds available here at KAF, and as money is currently not an issue, the adventure has been very rewarding. My hands-down favorite here is the Montecristo No. 3, but when I return stateside in a few weeks, both cost and embargo with cuba will make this cigar unavailable. Is there a cigar of comparable taste at a reasonable, everday price?

2. Default

Assuming you haven't been smoking fakes, NO.

Doc
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Mengele View Post
    Hey guys, I'm a newbie both to this forum and to cigars. I am currently deployed to afghanistan and have just recently found the pleasurable experience of smoking cigars. I have been trying several of the diffferent kinds available here at KAF, and as money is currently not an issue, the adventure has been very rewarding. My hands-down favorite here is the Montecristo No. 3, but when I return stateside in a few weeks, both cost and embargo with cuba will make this cigar unavailable. Is there a cigar of comparable taste at a reasonable, everday price?

I'd say get a new username or get lost....
    Last edited by CptnBlues63; 09-04-2012 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Originally didn't notice his username
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

User name "Dr. Mengele ?
    Are you some kind of fucking asshole?
    I don't think we want pieces of shit like you in our community.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    User name "Dr. Mengele ?
    Are you some kind of fucking asshole?
    I don't think we want pieces of shit like you in our community.
    Asshole.

Unbelievable.

Blog Entries

Interesting name you have there?....You'll learn that a lot of the cigars on deployments were fake. Sad, but true. The best way to get Cubans is from troops on the KFOR missions and make sure they were purchased at the French or Danish PX.

I've been smoking for several years and I have yet to be able to develop the palate most of the members have on here. I'd recommend you check out Bobalu or the Cigar Factory (New Orleans). I've visited both of these and they are very supportive of troops. They'll help you pick a decent cigar. I'm a big fan of CAO Golds or a Clint when I just have time for a short smoke.

Good luck on the trip home

8. Default Alterntative

First of all make sure to stay low so you can come back and enjoy an alternative, all I can tell you is when you return you should try the Monticristo's that are rolled in the DOM REP, you will also find that Cuba has not put all they can in the smokes they are shipping out, they are in no way the same as they were many years ago, I know i'm not alone when I say that we have much better smokes than you will get ou of cuba my opinion just my opinion
    GURKHAMAN

9. Default Big sarge

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
    Interesting name you have there?....You'll learn that a lot of the cigars on deployments were fake. Sad, but true. The best way to get Cubans is from troops on the KFOR missions and make sure they were purchased at the French or Danish PX.

I've been smoking for several years and I have yet to be able to develop the palate most of the members have on here. I'd recommend you check out Bobalu or the Cigar Factory (New Orleans). I've visited both of these and they are very supportive of troops. They'll help you pick a smoke that you will lovea decent cigar. I'm a big fan of CAO Golds or a Clint when I just have time for a short smoke.

Good luck on the trip home
    Tell him BIG SARGE so true, they have so many fakes running around here and abroad. Like I said, you have just gotten into cigars, we have so many to choose from it's scary, you will not have a problem finding one or 100 you like
    GURKHAMAN

10. Default Great Name

Here is a list for you to try on your return, Gurkha,Punch,R&J,Caine Nub CAO,HOYO, Excalibur, so much more.
    GURKHAMAN

Thread Information