Thread: New guy

Default New guy

Whats up guys, just thought I would make a short introduction as my first post. My name is Alex, I am a 24 year old arborist from Rhode Island. I have quite a few hobbies but most of my time and money is spent fishing. Speaking of fishing, fishing is what sparked my interest in cigars. I hate bug spray and nothing keeps the bugs away like a cigar. I started off grabbing White Owls on the way to the river, then I realized that I can actually get a decent smoke for about the same price at the local cigar shops. I am not sure how much I will actually smoke, or if I will even do it just to enjoy it, even when I am not fishing. I do see that happening though as I sometimes get a craving for a nice sweet smoke and an iced coffee. I have not started my collection yet, but plan on picking up a small variety tomorrow to try some out while I am camping and fishing. Hope to be a long term, active member around here and look forward to the late nights I spend reading and learning. Thanks!

Alex

Welcome from the west coast.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

Blog Entries

Welcome sir.

Welcome!

I'll add my welcome as well
    Pull up a chair, beverage of your choice and enjoy the show

Don
    "I am a soldier I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight" - Gen. George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Welcome from AZ.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Thanks guys! This is a great site, definitely have a few characters around here it seems. We will get along great.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodRiverTroutBum View Post
    Whats up guys, just thought I would make a short introduction as my first post. My name is Alex, I am a 24 year old arborist from Rhode Island. I have quite a few hobbies but most of my time and money is spent fishing. Speaking of fishing, fishing is what sparked my interest in cigars. I hate bug spray and nothing keeps the bugs away like a cigar. I started off grabbing White Owls on the way to the river, then I realized that I can actually get a decent smoke for about the same price at the local cigar shops. I am not sure how much I will actually smoke, or if I will even do it just to enjoy it, even when I am not fishing. I do see that happening though as I sometimes get a craving for a nice sweet smoke and an iced coffee. I have not started my collection yet, but plan on picking up a small variety tomorrow to try some out while I am camping and fishing. Hope to be a long term, active member around here and look forward to the late nights I spend reading and learning. Thanks!

Alex
    Hi and welcome from Alberta, Canada.

I love fishing too but since moving here from Saskatchewan I haven't done as much as I'd like. This province only has about 45,000 lakes and the limits here suck (1 to 2 fish per person with slot sizes) but I'm originally from Saskatchewan (one province east) where there are about 100,000 lakes and limits of 3-5 per person in most cases. I caught my first walleye at age 5 and have been after them ever since.....lol. I too enjoy a good cigar while out fishing. I'm going to have to invest in a clip on cigar holder though for my big fishing trip to Tobin Lake, SK next June though as I hate getting a good cigar wet while landing a fish and that happened to me twice on my last trip there.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

Welcome, give the newbie sampler a try.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Welcome from eastern Oregon !
    Just another day at the office!

Thanks guys! Still shopping for a humidor, still not sure what type I want to go with yet. Once I get one and have it up and running, I will definitely pick up a newbie sampler. Really can't wait to find that smoke that makes me go wow and becomes my go to stoagie.

Thread Information