Thread: First connecticut I've REALLY liked. NUB connecticut.

Misawa AFB Japan. Mailing address: PSC 76 Box 5593 APO AP 96319

Default First connecticut I've REALLY liked. NUB connecticut.

I was really amazed by this cigar. Today i smoked this cigar while watching the most recent episode of "sons of anarchy"...the show had my attention, but the cigar just kept pulling me away from it. This was unlike any other connecticut wrapper I have ever tried. There was no Grassy or Hay like flavors....just pure bliss. Plus the cigar burned for damn near an hour and a half at only 4 inches!! talk about quality huh?!

Any one tried other sticks that can compare to that?.....that also are wrapped in a connecticut? Im not new to cigars, just usually stay in the medium-full/Full range. If you have knowledge on something to try....spill the beans.

my review:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6GS7yARm34

Blog Entries

Sorry, can't recommend anything at all similar to the nubs.

I've never really liked Connecticut either, I had the Nubs a couple years ago and didn't like them, but maybe I'l have to try them again
    Out of all the interwebs and www's, I can say that this is my favorite smoke shop

Maybe it was a real Connecticut shade grown wrapper instead of the seed tobaccos grown elsewhere.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tonygraz View Post
    Maybe it was a real Connecticut shade grown wrapper instead of the seed tobaccos grown elsewhere.
    Maybe.

6. Default

Coventry Cat is my favorite Connecticut'n (Nutmegger)
    The older I get ,the better I was

Misawa AFB Japan. Mailing address: PSC 76 Box 5593 APO AP 96319

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatra Samurai View Post
    I've never really liked Connecticut either, I had the Nubs a couple years ago and didn't like them, but maybe I'l have to try them again
    Bummer you didn't like the nubs man. They lasted anywhere from an hour to 1 1/2 for me...favorites were the maduro, and surprisingly the connecticut. They are still a little pricey, but worth it in my opinion.

Today I was smoking the 'Ashton Heritage Puro Sol"........that cigar straight up wow'd me. That review is on youtube now. if you haven't tried that ashton.....WELL WORTH IT.

Filipino, born and raised. Now living in Sherwood Park Alberta, Canada

NUBs - I think they are the poor man's Padrons.

I have smoked a Padron 1964 Anniversary and a Nub Maduro and the flavor profile is close, maybe due to the Nicaraguan fillers in both.

Yes they aren't cheap, but I would still cash out for two of these for the price of 1 Padron
    You are what you eat. That's why I'm a fat bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisboy View Post
    NUBs - I think they are the poor man's Padrons.

I have smoked a Padron 1964 Anniversary and a Nub Maduro and the flavor profile is close, maybe due to the Nicaraguan fillers in both.

Yes they aren't cheap, but I would still cash out for two of these for the price of 1 Padron
    Personally, I'll take quality over quantity any day.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    Personally, I'll take quality over quantity any day.
    +1. Smoking a PAM principe right now. Not once did I find myself wishing I had two Nubs instead.

Thread Information