Thread: Spanish Cedar Cigars

Default Spanish Cedar Cigars

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4230.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	3187Hello all I'm new to the forum but I've been trolling for a while. I am a cabinet maker by trade and I just got into started smoking cigars. I just finished a custom humidor for a client and had a bunch of left over Spanish Cedar. After looking at it in my shop for a while I decided to pop a piece on my lathe and turn out what I'm calling Spanish Cedar spacers. I turned them round to around 3/4 diameter and shaped them like a cigar. I dipped them into some distilled water for a few seconds and shook off the excess. Do any of you see any reason this will cause me problems in my humidor? I know that the wood will have to come up to the correct RH but seams like it will work to add a bit of nice smell to my meager and almost empty humidor. After i have more experienced and more bands I might glue a band around one to make it look more like the cigars there in with.
    Last edited by gussys; 10-21-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gussys View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4230.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	3187Hello all I'm new to the forum but I've been trolling for a while. I am a cabinet maker by trade and I just got into started smoking cigars. I just finished a custom humidor for a client and had a bunch of left over Spanish Cedar. After looking at it in my shop for a while I decided to pop a piece on my lathe and turn out what I'm calling Spanish Cedar spacers. I turned them round to around 3/4 diameter and shaped them like a cigar. I dipped them into some distilled water for a few seconds and shook off the excess. Do any of you see any reason this will cause me problems in my humidor? I know that the wood will have to come up to the correct RH but seams like it will work to add a bit of nice smell to my meager and almost empty humidor. After i have more experienced and more bands I might glue a band around one to make it look more like the cigars there in with.
    Yeah, it probably won't do anything detrimental.

Making decoy cigars...whatever floats you boat.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by gussys View Post
    seams like it will work to add a bit of nice smell to my meager and almost empty humidor.
    I think this would be a much better solution.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

Thread Information