Quote Originally Posted by JakeM View Post
That's fine, and thats my point. We just see things differently I guess. I want to help people regardless of whether or not they are a part of my community. I am willing to do things for strangers: push them out of a ditch in the winter, mow a lawn in the summer, haul something with my truck,answer questions, provide help if i can. I don't say this to talk myself up, instead i think many people are willing to do the same things. But apparently on this forum you have a code of "provide for us before we provide for you," at least now according to my cursory interaction with people who appear to be long term frequent posters.

I do not now, and did not when I posted, want anything from this forum. Instead my point was that if a new member asks a question and all you do is tear them down for say: grammar, not being a member long enough before asking a question, or contributing enough. why have the help and advice section? The scratch my back first then if you pass the test, I'll scratch yours is what I disagree with. And I wonder how many quality members have been put off by this. All of this of course in the Business Help & Advice section anyway, which is what i am talking about.

Anyway, if there is a moderator that can, delete my account, ban me, or otherwise, that is fine i will not be back.

Good luck to all of you in all of your goals and dreams.
Jake
This forum, in my opinion, is a gathering of learned men and women who have a common hobby: smoking cigars. There is a level of respect that is inherent with becoming a member. Everyone who joins this forum breaks a rule here or there in the beginning. Did we whine and complain that it wasn't fair? NO, we went back, re-read the rules, FAQ, etc and moved on. We learned from our mistakes. Some people who join this forum have a sense of entitlement by thinking that this forum is an encyclopedia. It is not. It is a community. To be part of the community, you must bring something to the table. This isn't a welfare/free ride program. You get out of this forum what you put into it.

Just my 2 cents, but that's the way it seems to be to me.