Thread: Why have a business advice section?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Why have a business advice section?

Hi all,

I joined this forum to ask one question. Why do you have a business help and advice section?

Every post that I have looked at on here from some one asking for advice has mostly been met with hostile, demeaning, and generally negative
    responses. Yes, I found this site because I had some general interest in starting a small cigar shop, but I surely won't ask a question regarding
    that here. Shocking that someone in this day and age doing research into starting a cigar shop might use the internet and might end up on
    CigarSmokers.com that has a Business Help and Advice section. Granted some of the questions on here have been as vague as "tell me how to
    start"; that would also make me doubt someone's ability to run a business. But people have to start somewhere, and I like to ask people who
    know. Sadly, those of you on here who do seem to know and have successfully started and maintained a cigar business, would rather describe
    how impossible it is and how stupid those of us who would like to try for ourselves are. Maybe this viewpoint comes from how hard it truly is to
    start a business (yes we all have seem the statistics of how many start-ups fail), or maybe it's because those who have not yet become jaded
    irritate those who have?

Regardless of the reason, if this community does not want to help, why have the topic listed since it clearly irritates so many of the regular
    posters? Lastly, I am not posting this to incite anger or just to get a rise. It is just frustrating to me to see a forum with people on it, who clearly have a lot of knowledge to share, who are so quick to dismiss those who want to do what they have already done.

Forum - A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Good luck to all of you in all of your goals and dreams.
    Jake
    Last edited by JakeM; 10-25-2012 at 01:33 PM. Reason: spelling and grammer corrections by buzz

Thread Information