Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Buy? Donatus Solingen Cutter

Default Good Buy? Donatus Solingen Cutter

I just purchased a Donatus Solingen Cigar Cutter from ebay. It also came with three Astral cigars in a nice looking wooden box. I paid $32.00 for the items. I really liked the look of the cigar cutter, and it looked like something that could possibly worth something. Just wondering if anyone has ever seen one of these or has any idea if it is worth any money. I just bought it today and I will try to post a better picture when I recieve it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DonatusCutter.jpg 
Views:	479 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	51  

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

i didnt think you could get cigars on ebay
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

you can't....

I didn't think so either, but maybe ebay did not catch it because it was listed as a cigar cutter, the cigars were just a bonus.

Haha, there's a possibility.

Forget what I said about asking if I got a good buy. I think I am the one getting screwed on the deal. I paid for the items, and the lady says she shipped them. I emailed her and asked her when they shipped and if I could get a tracking number. She emailed back saying that she shipped them on July 26 and that she shipped them through the USPS and did not get a tracking number. It has now been a week and a half and guess what...still no items. So I wrote her a nice letter...ok who am I kidding, I ripped her a new asshole. I have not yet heard back from her. If the items are not in the mailbox today, i might go nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484
    Forget what I said about asking if I got a good buy. I think I am the one getting screwed on the deal. I paid for the items, and the lady says she shipped them. I emailed her and asked her when they shipped and if I could get a tracking number. She emailed back saying that she shipped them on July 26 and that she shipped them through the USPS and did not get a tracking number. It has now been a week and a half and guess what...still no items. So I wrote her a nice letter...ok who am I kidding, I ripped her a new asshole. I have not yet heard back from her. If the items are not in the mailbox today, i might go nuts!

Get yourself some hard pipe swing'n and go midevil on her

Thats why I hate EBAY.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

I order off ebay all the time, and this is the first time I have had an issue.

Not sure if this applies since I don't know how she sent the cutter.

I send ALOT of packages through the mail. If she sent parcel post it can take this long, the USPS has been a little slow lately except for Priority mail etc.

I traded some cigars with jaewing, and he sent them out on Friday from California and I had them on Monday. She "said" she sent them on the 26th from Washington DC. You would think that I would have had it by now.

Alright...Now I am really pissed off! Still over the weekend, no package. I tried being nice and talking to her. She just got short tempered with me and told me that she sent them but since she didn't get the Delivery Confirmation, the post office must have lost it. I am about to LOSE IT! So I decided...this bitch is going to pay. Since I have her name and email information. I have been subscribing her to online BS. When you go to a webpage that wants your email to access it, i just use hers! I also foward her all my junk email, and have sent her hate mail. So if you ever need to access a website that requires an email address to be entered use Cindy's: cindyboyd2004@yahoo.com. Even if you just are pissed off and want write some hate mail feel free...I have! So, this is what I think of you Cindy You better hope I don't find out where you live...cause it is all over then!!

What's her feedback look like? Is she new at this? Anythings possible. All I can tell you is that properly addressed and return addressed packages are VERY RARELY lost. Most lost packages are due to shoddy addressing and packaging. Even then, the postal clerk should have caught it.

She has good feedback for buying from other people. I think that this was the first thing she sold. I am going to give it a couple more days and then I am going to report her to Ebay and Paypal and hopefully get my money back.

She has good feedback for buying from other people. I think that this was the first thing she sold. I am going to give it a couple more days and then I am going to report her to Ebay and Paypal and hopefully get my money back.

I would avoid making threats in a forum environment. It will not assist your case against her and could only lead to accusations against you.

That being said I'm in your corner. Nothing sucks more than getting ripped off like this. The looser has no excuse. Ebay and Paypal should refund your money. I would contact them sooner rather than later to protect your interests. Also you should most certainly hit her ebay references hard. You can also notify Yahoo and tell them that their services are being utilized for the purpose of defrauding people and as they are providing a service which facilitates the fraud you will be holding them accountable. They will come back and say their not responsible, see such and such policy, to which you can respond that no contract exists between you and yahoo therefore their policies are not binding against you. You'll never see a dime from yahoo but they may close your account.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    I would avoid making threats in a forum environment. It will not assist your case against her and could only lead to accusations against you.

That being said I'm in your corner. Nothing sucks more than getting ripped off like this. The looser has no excuse. Ebay and Paypal should refund your money. I would contact them sooner rather than later to protect your interests. Also you should most certainly hit her ebay references hard. You can also notify Yahoo and tell them that their services are being utilized for the purpose of defrauding people and as they are providing a service which facilitates the fraud you will be holding them accountable. They will come back and say their not responsible, see such and such policy, to which you can respond that no contract exists between you and yahoo therefore their policies are not binding against you. You'll never see a dime from yahoo but they may close your account.
    That is a good idea! I really just want those cigars and the cutter! They looked good! I contacted Ebay and they said that since I paid through the Paypal service that I would have a better chance disputing it with them. So just wrote an email to them...just need a response.

That is a good idea! I really just want those cigars and the cutter! They looked good! I contacted Ebay and they said that since I paid through the Paypal service that I would have a better chance disputing it with them. So just wrote an email to them...just need a response.

Interesting response from Ebay seeing they own paypal !!

Hope this all works out for you.

Hey Jonsey, what happened with this? Did you finally get your package?

I still have yet to see the package. I reported her to Paypal so they begin their investigation. I have to first contact the seller and try and get it resolved. But, she claims she sent it. I did not recieve it so, there is no more resolution there. Then, I have to write a narritive report on what happened so I did that. Then she wrote me an email complaining that I reported her. What did she expect me to do, Nothing? So she told me to give it a few days and if I recieved it, to withdrawl my complaint. So, it has been a few days, and Surprise Surprise, nothing! So she has til Friday to repond back to Paypal with her side of the story. Then Paypal will investigate the two sides and basically determine either to reward me with my money back, or to do nothing about it. If she does not respond to paypal by Friday, I am automatically rewarded a full refund, at her expense. I will let you know how it goes! I am not pissed because of the money, I just really want that cutter!

So, I just got an email this morning that she has issued me a full refund. She told me that arguing over $36 was just not worth the time and the hassle. Hey, whatever makes her sleep at night. So I got my money back!

Thread Information