Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frustration!!!

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Did the battery thing work?
    Unfortunately, no. Disconnected the battery for about a minute before I left this morning. Everything seemed good. I was cautiously optimistic on the 30 minute ride to the job, smoking a great Padron '64. Left the job, hit the Sherwin Williams store, Home Depot, then back to the job and all seemed well. Left the jobsite and headed to the office. About 5 minutes from my shop and the damn "Service Engine Soon" light kicked back on.

Hit an Autozone on the way home and asked them to check the code. Like 8 codes came up. Two of which were for the catalytic converter. The guy thinks they didn't reset the computer and says disconnecting the battery doesn't work. Not sure I believe that btw. Gotta take her in and see what's up.

Blog Entries

Yeah. Actually, it did work. It cleared the code until it surfaced again.

Still blows.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Yeah. Actually, it did work. It cleared the code until it surfaced again.

Still blows.
    That I believe. Sounds like I'll be putting on my mechanics hat in the near future. Or more likely, taking it to a professional. Boo!!!

Blog Entries

Well, take it to a mechanic if you must, not a "part changer"

Dare I say some of the online forums have some tech guys / others that have been down the same road...
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Good advice, thanks. I guess it really depends on what exactly the problem is. I'm a firm believer in a great movie quote..."What one man can do, another can do." Sometimes that's just not practical unless you're running from a man killer. I would enjoy fixing it myself though, and will put serious thought into it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post

I bought this truck new from the dealer in 2006; it had 7 miles on it. Not a single problem with it until Thursday. Just driving to pick up some materials and it started going crazy....shaking like it was gonna stall, check engine light flashing, wouldn't move. Downtown Atlanta, right in front of Bobby Dodd stadium (GA Tech). Held up an already VERY congested street. Thankfully after a few minutes it started and I was able to drive her into The Varsity. Tinkered around and found nothing out of sorts. After about 30 minutes I was gonna call a wrecker when she started right up, drove her home and thought all was well. Yesterday went back to the job with no problems, but only got a block and a half away. Not gonna risk the drive on 75 this time, hence the tow truck.

The mechanic cannot figure out the problem, but I believe I did. Apparently there is fairly common problem with what's called the IPDM (Intelligent Power Distribution Module). Gonna go pick her up from the mechanic, grab the IPDM from the stealership and install myself on Monday. Fingers crossed.

Oh, and the car rental place brought me a powder blue volkswagen passat. Man, I want my truck back somethin' fierce!!!!

The only time my husband's truck acted like that he had water in the gas tank. In fact so did 16 vehicles that pumped gas at this same gas station The gas stations insurance paid for everything to be fixed. I wish you luck!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Thread Information