Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Humidor safe?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayam View Post
    HA! Excellently illustrated point Sir! I indeed LOL'd. I don't type my LOL's lightly either. I take truth in LOL'ing very seriously!

Specifically though, I was wondering if storing any ACID Cigars among the traditionally flavored ones would "contaminate" (for lack of a better term, heh) them. I've seen ACID Cigars in pretty much every local shop, which honestly though isn't many by any stretch with just 4 that sell hand rolled (read: not Swisher Sweets, Black & Mild, anything "berry" flavored, etc. ) cigars with in 5o~ miles and really only one I'd classify as an actual Tobacconist rather than tourist trap or head shop, heh. I just wasn't sure if ACID is a brand of cigar or just a line of cigars produced by some brand and, either way, if all ACID Cigars are infused and need to be segregated.

P.S. After years upon years of seeing probably thousands of smileys I've finally found it - THEE BEST SMILEY that has ever been um... digitally smiled (I guess is the term? HA)

... it's not just an emotion conveying icon. THAT, Sirs and Ma'ams, is raw poetry in smiley form and indeed worthy of no less than a SECOND LOL'ing!

P.P.S I'm completely full of shit. I'm a total slave to the abbreviations that make up roughly 98% of every teenage girl's postings (just kidding - 96% tops) HA!
    Sorry - I know you'll be disappointed, but I really can't imagine anyone on this board is willing to pull together a full dissertation for you about Acid cigars. But - thankfully - this board has a great search function. Let it be your friend! And - if that doesn't work - Google works very well too!

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Sorry - I know you'll be disappointed, but I really can't imagine anyone on this board is willing to pull together a full dissertation for you about Acid cigars. But - thankfully - this board has a great search function. Let it be your friend! And - if that doesn't work - Google works very well too!

Good luck!
    Yeah I wouldn't expect anyone to take the time to provide me with all the factual particulars easily found using google, just some opinions here and there. Nothing tops just firing one up for yourself though !

I'm in no hurry though. The thing I enjoy most so far about cigars is the "discovery" of new brands and flavors having as little experience as I do currently. Someday (probably soon now because my interest is peaked) I'll pick a couple up or, and this may be looked down on but, a tin of their cigarillos. I get the impression that pretty much every small cigar make sold in tins are machine made. Aside from some tinned Cohibas I bought that I think were older than me , I've enjoyed all the ones I've tried so far. Plus I've found it easier to get my cigarette smoking buddies (who often flat refuse to smoke a full cigar with me for some odd reason ) to try one with me so I can have someone to talk to about them as I'm smoking which ever for the first time.

I looked up ACID's homepage and they definitely sound great as I'm already starting to lean toward darker wraps and they appear to offer several. I spoke to a friend about them though and he gave me the impression they are "cut" or infused with herbs and flowers or some sh!t. Wasn't really clear on what he was getting at with that statement. If either these were the maker's infused and intended flavors or if he was just trying to be "poetic" about the flavors like wine connoisseurs tend to. I don't know but I intend to find out soon, heh!

Really is it that hard to figure out that Acids(all of them) are flavored? Infused is just a marketing term, to disassociate them from gas station cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Spice View Post
    Really is it that hard to figure out that Acids(all of them) are flavored? Infused is just a marketing term, to disassociate them from gas station cigars.
    Actually that is where some of my confusion was born. I guess I must've just kind of assumed that "infusion" meant they'd applied some kind of chemical or flavoring agent to the tobacco. The only two specific "infusions" among their labels I can find is the ACID One: "cured with Red Wines and Sangria," and the SAUZA Tequila infused with, um.... I forgot what that one is infused with .

Thier other makes are described as having the "qualities" of this or that flavor or the "aroma" of so and so (for example the "aroma" of peach cobbler, Ghiradelli Cocoa, roses or just floral). Haven't seen the first cut and dried descriptive in reference to this brand like "Rum" or "Vanilla".

If their marketing ploy was to cause intirgue though its certainly working on me, heh. The more reading and talking about 'em done the more I'm selling em to myself to pick up a few with my next order !

Sorry I'm pretty new, not just to this site but Cigars in general. I just realized I should probably be reading the Review forum here to get a better understanding of the ACID brand and their "flavorings".

On topic though, what I was specifically wondering is that if no flavoring additive was applied to them would they still impact the flavor of one's other cigars?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the ox View Post
    I second that
    HEY, "the ox" reappears.

To what do we owe this honor?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

mayam, just stay away from Acids and any discussions about them in any way, shape or form, pretend you never heard of them. Don't ask or talk about them ever again.

Okay?

Thanks in advance.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Spice View Post
    You actually READ what he posted Old Spice? If so, you're a better man than me. I don't have the patience to read his dissertations, instead I just scan them and if I see a couple of needs/questions/concerns in all that bullshit that I can help him out with, I'll respond but for the most part, I don't read most of what he posts.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 01-26-2013 at 02:33 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    You actually READ what he posted Old Spice? If so, you're a better man than me. I don't have the patience to read his dissertations, instead I just scan them and if I see a couple of needs/questions/concerns in all that bullshit that I can help him out with, I'll respond but for the most part, I don't read most of what he posts.
    No, I skim it since its filled with embellishment. I'm just amazed that someone who is so effusive is so unaware new or not.

To answer his question, cigars that are not flavored can be stored with each other safely.

Actually that is where some of my confusion was born. I guess I must've just kind of assumed that "infusion" meant they'd applied some kind of chemical or flavoring agent to the tobacco. The only two specific "infusions" among their labels I can find is the ACID One: "cured with Red Wines and Sangria," and the SAUZA Tequila infused with, um.... I forgot what that one is infused with .

Thier other makes are described as having the "qualities" of this or that flavor or the "aroma" of so and so (for example the "aroma" of peach cobbler, Ghiradelli Cocoa, roses or just floral). Haven't seen the first cut and dried descriptive in reference to this brand like "Rum" or "Vanilla".

If their marketing ploy was to cause intirgue though its certainly working on me, heh. The more reading and talking about 'em done the more I'm selling em to myself to pick up a few with my next order !

Sorry I'm pretty new, not just to this site but Cigars in general. I just realized I should probably be reading the Review forum here to get a better understanding of the ACID brand and their "flavorings".

On topic though, what I was specifically wondering is that if no flavoring additive was applied to them would they still impact the flavor of one's other cigars?
    PT Barnum loved folks like you!

If you feel compelled to succumb to Acid marketing - more power to ya! Honestly - tell us how that goes!!!

Alright! Now that's more like it!

God bless the internet for at the very least allowing anyone to just outright talk cash shit behind a veil of complete anonymity and sling insults they otherwise wouldn't consider if they had to look that complete stranger in the eye while they said it. Honestly I'm still on the fence as to whether it's a good thing, allowing people to speak the truth that they otherwise wouldn't, or if it just opens the door for people to be assholes without any fear of consequences. I suppose it's both to some degree. "Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria Mayor!"

Anyhow, picked up a tin of ACID cigarillos and loved em. Can also now see why one would probably not want them stored next to their naturally flavored smokes.

Being new to the cigar world I've definitely noticed there is a great deal of bullshit and hype to sift through when evaluating whether it's a cigar I'd like to order or not. I also take it the great majority of you folks here are saturated in knowledge of the massive amount of cigar varieties, companies and countries of origin and experienced in wading through said BS to a point that you'd rather not discuss such basics. Kind of like a calculus tutor sitting down with his client and having to start at 2 + 2 before even approaching the meat of calculus I suppose. Understood & all good.

I'm reading up on 'em and just practicing good 'ol trial and error as is the M.O. of taking up any new hobby or interest. Going by the companies' hype so far I haven't yet found a cigar I hate or wouldn't finish to a nub though, heh. At the least I'm so far convinced that cigarrettes are just an utter waste of tobacco, not to mention money (except Dunhills, I still dig those ).

I've learned a great deal just lurking your forums and so far you all have far and away the most solid, on-line cigar community I've yet found.

- Mayam

P.S. Embellishments? I'm taking that to mean lies. Really? Where'd that come from?
    Last edited by Mayam; 02-05-2013 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    PT Barnum loved folks like you!

If you feel compelled to succumb to Acid marketing - more power to ya! Honestly - tell us how that goes!!!
    Oh and as far as succumbing to advertisements...

Just the names Gurhka gives to their different lines has me 90% of the way to being a life long loyal customer to them. The Ninja, The Warlord, THE SPECIAL OPS?!?! Hell I'd pay the MSRP for an EMPTY box of Avengers based solely on the sheer badassery of it's design!!! Heh, just kidding .

Honestly though I did just purchase a box of Gurkha Salomons for $40. They claim the MSRP / Box is around $300 but good or bad deals aside I've heard nothing but great things about Gurhka and I can't wait to try one.

Alright then, I've outright hijacked this poor guys thread (though I think he got the info he sought), landed it in a non-extradition country, released the hostages and gone "off the grid" by now. I apologize OP and thanks for tolerating my complete lack of on-line forum manners

- Mayam
    Last edited by Mayam; 02-05-2013 at 06:52 AM.

<snip> Alright! Now that's more like it!

God bless the internet for at the very least allowing anyone to just outright talk cash shit behind a veil of complete anonymity and sling insults they otherwise wouldn't consider if they had to look that complete stranger in the eye while they said it. Honestly I'm still on the fence as to whether it's a good thing, allowing people to speak the truth that they otherwise wouldn't, or if it just opens the door for people to be assholes without any fear of consequences. I suppose it's both to some degree. "Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria Mayor!" <snip>
    I think you might be surprised that most of the folks that "talk shit" would meet you face to face, inches from your nose, look you in the eye - and tell you you're full of "shit'. Particularly if you start leading the members of this community to believe an Acid cigar is a good thing. So - don't assume otherwise.

...oh - and make no mistake. Those same folks would just as quickly shove a good cigar in your mouth and enjoy it with you.

I don't expect you to immediately understand - you don't know any better. If it takes you any more than a few months to "get it" - well then... Ahhh... Your loss.

Oh and as far as succumbing to advertisements...

Just the names Gurhka gives to their different lines has me 90% of the way to being a life long loyal customer to them. The Ninja, The Warlord, THE SPECIAL OPS?!?! Hell I'd pay the MSRP for an EMPTY box of Avengers based solely on the sheer badassery of it's design!!! Heh, just kidding .

Honestly though I did just purchase a box of Gurkha Salomons for $40. They claim the MSRP / Box is around $300 but good or bad deals aside I've heard nothing but great things about Gurhka and I can't wait to try one.

Alright then, I've outright hijacked this poor guys thread (though I think he got the info he sought), landed it in a non-extradition country, released the hostages and gone "off the grid" by now. I apologize OP and thanks for tolerating my complete lack of on-line forum manners

- Mayam
    I also think you'll someday lose the Gurkha "life long loyal customer" feeling as you learn know more....
    Last edited by ggiese; 02-05-2013 at 08:01 AM.

Blog Entries

It's not hard at all to understand your fascination with Gurkha and Acid cigars Mayam. Your posts are in the same vein as their advertisements. Overblown, embellished, and basically just keyboard diarrhea.

Your problem, Mayam, is that you've stumbled into a forum filled with cigarSMOKERS, not wannabe posers. Puff dot com would probably be more suited for you based upon your posts here......I don't think this place fits your, uh, style.

\ I've heard nothing but great things about Gurhka and I can't wait to try one.
    I have a hard time believing you are a real person.

15. Default

I would talk shit to your face anytime
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    I would talk shit to your face anytime
    There should be no doubt! And shove your cigar down your throat if you bark back!

Yeah, on this forum, the meaner you are, the more you know about cigars. And if nobody likes you, theres no turning it around, that's just what they have decided. Honestly everyone who starts smoking cigars either likes the thought of acids and other flavoured stuff because they think they will taste good (these people should really invest in the pipe smoking hobby) or because they are interested in the details of great cigars, and how the same plant can be dried, aged, and rolled to make thousands of completely different and unique cigars. All is accomplished without chemicals or any other unnatural methods. This forum is absolutely for those interested in the latter, and don't think I want you to leave, or that I'm standing up for these guys, cause they have been jerks to me too. I just think you won't find your kind of discussion here. Its just simply understood on this forum, that once a cigar has been sprayed with chemicals, its not worth any time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steffanan View Post
    Yeah, on this forum, the meaner you are, the more you know about cigars. And if nobody likes you, theres no turning it around, that's just what they have decided. Honestly everyone who starts smoking cigars either likes the thought of acids and other flavoured stuff because they think they will taste good (these people should really invest in the pipe smoking hobby) or because they are interested in the details of great cigars, and how the same plant can be dried, aged, and rolled to make thousands of completely different and unique cigars. All is accomplished without chemicals or any other unnatural methods. This forum is absolutely for those interested in the latter, and don't think I want you to leave, or that I'm standing up for these guys, cause they have been jerks to me too. I just think you won't find your kind of discussion here. Its just simply understood on this forum, that once a cigar has been sprayed with chemicals, its not worth any time.
    Who's been a jerk to you?
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Theres no benefit from me pointing fingers at who doesn't like to hear my novice opinions on this form, so I'd rather not get into that. I was just trying to let that Guy know how this forum works.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steffanan View Post
    Theres no benefit from me pointing fingers at who doesn't like to hear my novice opinions on this form, so I'd rather not get into that. I was just trying to let that Guy know how this forum works.
    Well, uh, nice little troll. I hope it assists you in obtaining acceptance here and/or leads you to increased participation.

Thread Information