Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Humidor safe?

Well, I don't even know how that could ever be viewed as an attempt at acceptance, but anyway I just specifically mentioned that it doesn't matter to complain because theres no reason to. Sure it would be nice if you guys were nice to people, but that's not how a clan works. I get it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steffanan View Post
    Well, I don't even know how that could ever be viewed as an attempt at acceptance, but anyway I just specifically mentioned that it doesn't matter to complain because theres no reason to. Sure it would be nice if you guys were nice to people, but that's not how a clan works. I get it.
    Well, I'm sorry my post wasn't clear. Read it again, a little slower, and perhaps you'll get my point.

Yeah I'm having a hard time reading that as anything but you thinking that I'm attempting to use self pity to gain acceptance on this forum. You also called it a troll.

Blog Entries

Yeah I'm having a hard time reading that as anything but you thinking that I'm attempting to use self pity to gain acceptance on this forum. You also called it a troll.
    Seriously? That's how you understood my post? Nevermind.

Would you care to explain then? I mean I'm trying.

Blog Entries

Theres no benefit from me pointing fingers at who doesn't like to hear my novice opinions on this form, so I'd rather not get into that. I was just trying to let that Guy know how this forum works.
    If you think that some adult ball busting, honest opinions, generosity, and encouragement to explore for yourself constitutes "mean" then you don't understand a lot more than just how this forum works.

Add me to your list of "jerks" now. Won't be the first personal jerk list I'm on.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

7. Default

I smell butthurt. If you don't like the place then leave
    The older I get ,the better I was

Yeah, on this forum, the meaner you are, the more you know about cigars. And if nobody likes you, theres no turning it around, that's just what they have decided. Honestly everyone who starts smoking cigars either likes the thought of acids and other flavoured stuff because they think they will taste good (these people should really invest in the pipe smoking hobby) or because they are interested in the details of great cigars, and how the same plant can be dried, aged, and rolled to make thousands of completely different and unique cigars. All is accomplished without chemicals or any other unnatural methods. This forum is absolutely for those interested in the latter, and don't think I want you to leave, or that I'm standing up for these guys, cause they have been jerks to me too. I just think you won't find your kind of discussion here. Its just simply understood on this forum, that once a cigar has been sprayed with chemicals, its not worth any time.
    Interesting....

So if I'm hearing you correctly, all opinions (including "novice" opinions) should be accepted and encouraged, even if they're inaccurate? And a "novice" cigar smoker would know what a more experienced cigar smoker would know?

Sorry - but I come from a Parochial school upbringing - where a good knuckle wrapping encouraged proper behavior. The only thing that did for me was to temporarily embarrass me, but make me a much better person.

Sorry if anyone hurt your feelings... Would you care for a cookie?

First, I dare you to find an instance where I acted like I knew more than any of you. When I am corrected, I humbly acknowledge that it was incorrect. I also haven't been active on this forum for months, so your invitation for me to stop participating in the forum is tardy. Also I don't know who you smell butthurt from, but I know you can't get that from me. I haven't victimised myself, and I haven't asked any of you to act any different than you naturally do. I don't dislike any of you, stop trying to read that from me. How many guys have you all ran off the forum, and when they left,they cussed you all out, and left with middle fingers flying. I didn't do that cause I'm more mature, I don't feel "hurt " like you keep thinking, and cause I don't dislike you guys. I simply just left. Just leave me alone cause I'm one of the few who don't flip out on all of you, and you are like trying to make a victim out of me when I just don't really mind it.

First, I dare you to find an instance where I acted like I knew more than any of you. When I am corrected, I humbly acknowledge that it was incorrect. I also haven't been active on this forum for months, so your invitation for me to stop participating in the forum is tardy. Also I don't know who you smell butthurt from, but I know you can't get that from me. I haven't victimised myself, and I haven't asked any of you to act any different than you naturally do. I don't dislike any of you, stop trying to read that from me. How many guys have you all ran off the forum, and when they left,they cussed you all out, and left with middle fingers flying. I didn't do that cause I'm more mature, I don't feel "hurt " like you keep thinking, and cause I don't dislike you guys. I simply just left. Just leave me alone cause I'm one of the few who don't flip out on all of you, and you are like trying to make a victim out of me when I just don't really mind it.
    So - if I'm reading this correctly - you condone the behaviors of those individuals who came to this forum and were chased off? Does that seem to sum it up?

It seems to me - those that "...when they left,they cussed you all out, and left with middle fingers flying" were individuals who felt as though this community was here for them, and not the other way around. You know the types - coming here to sell off their prized humidor full of counterfeit Cubans, take what they can get and book, or fill the threads with complete garbage.

Is it your suggestion we keep those asshats and thieves around in favor of a community of honest and respectable folks? Would that work better for you?

If so, I can point you to several boards that may work out better for you...

In the interim, keep your whining to yourself. It makes you look silly.

My point is the complete opposite. When people think this forum is for them to advertise on, I don't like it. I also don't like it when people are complaining about you guys being jerks to them, and I hate when people make dramatic exits from this site. Yeah I think you guys can be jerks, but its peoples choice to be here to take it, and they sure don't have to. It really doesn't bother me personally, so maybe you can stop calling me whiny, unless you can find an instance where I complained about something, not just commented on it's existence. It honestly seems like no matter what I say, you flip it to mean something else, and you continuously are trying to make me sound like I dislike you or your friends or this forum. I'm justifying your behaviour, and you keep thinking that I am "against " the few guys on this forum who are your friends. Its like you can't understand that I don't have any problems with you guys. I do think its insane that you think I'm whiny cause I have literally not whined about anything.

Yeah literally your whole last comment summarizes the opposite way that I feel, I'm very much on the same page as you and I'm still puzzled as to why this debate ever started.

Yeah literally your whole last comment summarizes the opposite way that I feel, I'm very much on the same page as you and I'm still puzzled as to why this debate ever started.
    You're "puzzled"? That's strange... Perhaps you forgot what you initially wrote (out of the clear blue):

Yeah, on this forum, the meaner you are, the more you know about cigars. And if nobody likes you, theres no turning it around, that's just what they have decided. Honestly everyone who starts smoking cigars either likes the thought of acids and other flavoured stuff because they think they will taste good (these people should really invest in the pipe smoking hobby) or because they are interested in the details of great cigars, and how the same plant can be dried, aged, and rolled to make thousands of completely different and unique cigars. All is accomplished without chemicals or any other unnatural methods. This forum is absolutely for those interested in the latter, and don't think I want you to leave, or that I'm standing up for these guys, cause they have been jerks to me too. I just think you won't find your kind of discussion here. Its just simply understood on this forum, that once a cigar has been sprayed with chemicals, its not worth any time.

To now suggest you don't have problems with this community after describing to an unknown new member that "These guys have been jerks" (your words) seems very strange. In fact, it surely indicates your displeasure with this community in the clearest terms. And you don't like the way people are chased out? That statement alone makes this is about you, and not what's best for the community. No - Your words don't need twisting - they're very clear. You've been quite clear in your disdain for the senior members of this forum.

But i understand what you're saying. There's No reason to have to put up with "jerks". I'd suggest you'd be much happier in a heavily moderated community where people just disappear, rather than exit kicking and screaming. That would be less stressful for ya. I can make some recommendations, if you're interested.

Blog Entries

Would you care to explain then? I mean I'm trying.
    Sure. What was the purpose of your post? Why resurrect an almost 2 week old thread? To be popular?

Do you get it now?

You absolutely need to stop saying that. I have been very clear that I don't dislike any senior members of this forum, but I do recognize that some can be jerks. And I would rather be on this forum and hear relevant stuff being said than join puff. Com and try to take part in that nonsense first hand. For the last few months I have been viewing this forum and have kept to myself, and its been working just fine to not talk. Also, I never said I didn't like the way people are chased out, where did you get that from? Seriously unless it happens to me, it's a combination of entertaining, and helpful. Do you think I enjoyed hearing from that Guy who kept talking about acids? Mayan-something. And do you think I like posts from members who just joined telling us to go check out their new items for sale? No, your "weeding out "service is helpful, and I really don't care if you continue to view me as a hater of this forum, but I'm staying here. I mean maybe I'll not post, just to keep out of the drama, but you can kindly quit recommending other forums that we both know, I would hate after being on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Sure. What was the purpose of your post? Why resurrect an almost 2 week old thread? To be popular?

Do you get it now?
    I guess I did respond late, I can't see dates on the forum app I use, just times of day. I essentially was also trying to get him off of the forum, only I did it by letting him know how it works, from the view of a person who isn't one of you guys. It seems that my use of the term "jerks" upset everyone, which surprises me cause I don't think any of you feel personally hurt when I say that. I'm not saying jerk is "bad ", just that this is how these guys can be

Blog Entries

I guess I did respond late, I can't see dates on the forum app I use, just times of day. I essentially was also trying to get him off of the forum, only I did it by letting him know how it works, from the view of a person who isn't one of you guys. It seems that my use of the term "jerks" upset everyone, which surprises me cause I don't think any of you feel personally hurt when I say that. I'm not saying jerk is "bad ", just that this is how these guys can be
    In the future, when it's your bi-yearly time to post, please clarify "jerks" as "jerks (but in a good way)"

Thank you,
    Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Haha, ill make sure to clarify.

Thread Information