Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cutter, Punch or V-cut ?

I don't smoke many chisels but I've heard the design is to allow you to pinch the cigar open with your fingers.

Used my punch tonight and it kinda seemed after about 3/4 of the stick nicotine was loading up in the head. Maybe it was just me?? Normally use a cheapo double guillotine.

I use my Kershaw Chive and make a cross cut. Sometimes I will use my Xikar Xi3 Carbon Fiber to cut. I have just about every type of cutter made but never really use them. Has anyone ever tried that Shuriken cutter that cuts six slits in the cigar? That's kinda what I do with the knife.

I keep a punch on my keychain. And a kershaw chive in my pocket.

I prefer the V. But will use the punch or knife depending on which I have on hand

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Used my punch tonight and it kinda seemed after about 3/4 of the stick nicotine was loading up in the head. Maybe it was just me?? Normally use a cheapo double guillotine.
    It's tar buildup, not nicotine and that happens because the cut is no good which is what happens sometimes with a punch cut.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

6. Default

Used to be a punch guy. Now it is almost always a Xikar V-Cut. Never cracks the head or messes up the wrapper on any level. Dang near perfect cut each time. Even works
    surprising well on torpedos.

im a fan of the v cut kinda guy personally.

Thread Information