Thread: Travel humidor / otter box

1. Default Travel humidor / otter box

How long can cigars keep in one of those (say a 5 cigar one)? Do they come with built in humidifier? Sorry if it's a dumb question...

The larger models come with one built into the lid, I'm not sure about the smaller ones. In any case, if you keep some kind of humidification device in it and tend to it, or use something like a Boveda pack, theoretically you could keep your cigars in it as long you you liked. A caveat to that, it would not work well as a long term, as in aging, since there is little airflow between the foam sheets. But if you just had some extra sticks and you needed a place to keep them for a few months or so, the otter box will do the job.
    Captain, it is I!

3. Default

Thanks for this. It will be for a couple a months yes.

Some of the small models I have seen do come with a humidification device in the lid. Is this sufficient, or should a boveda pack be used in even the 5/10 cigar models?

I think you can use it, I just find that the Boveda pack is SO easy to use that it's worth it not to have to goof around with the creedo like device in the box lids.
    Captain, it is I!

Thread Information