Thread: Would you return these?

Default Would you return these?

No pics yet but i'll try to take some later. Basically I got 2 boxes of the Fuente 2007 God of Fire tubos from a cigar auction site and I think that most of them are moldy. The boxes don't have any damage and the plastic wrap was still on both of them. Almost all of the cigars inside have white spots all over them that wipe off easily with your finger and don't appear to leave stains behind. Inside the tubes they are nice and silver and the cedar in the tubes appears to be fine (no mold seen). However there are spots on the foot of these as well and I can't really tell if it's mold or not and i'd rather not take a chance infecting my humidor with these. Also they don't necessarily smell bad but they have a very earthy smell to them and one review I saw the reviewer mentioned that his had a chicken coup sorta smell to it. Is this par for the course with these or should I send them back?

2. Default

I guess I could pull an expert analysis out of my ass but unless you take some decent pics all you are telling us is that you got 2 boxes of GoF,BFD
    The older I get ,the better I was

Hopefully you can see from these ... iPhone isn't the best for closeups.
    On the foot the "stuff" is around 11 & 1 o'clock.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-2-crop.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	3265

Name:	photo-1-crop.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	3266

This image might be a little better to see.

Name:	photo-3-crop.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	3267

5. Default

Kinda looks like mold to me
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Kinda looks like mold to me
    I'd say that's a pretty strong possibility...

Cool thanks for the input guys. I figured as much but since i've never really seen plume on any of my cigars I wasn't 100%. I've had mold before but it wasn't white.

I've already contacted customer service so a UPS return label is on it's way to me so these can go back.

Thread Information