Thread: Dallas

1. Default Dallas

My fiancé is a huge cigar and pipe smoker. Our one non negotiable reception item is a venue that allows smoking. I prefer outdoors, as there will be children and family members with asthma present. Any suggestions? Also, suggestions for honeymoon locations for a cigar lover would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by staciej View Post
    My fiancé is a huge cigar and pipe smoker. Our one non negotiable reception item is a venue that allows smoking. I prefer outdoors, as there will be children and family members with asthma present. Any suggestions? Also, suggestions for honeymoon locations for a cigar lover would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    About the only location in the US that still allows smoking just about everywhere is Las Vegas....

Honeymoon suggestion - Atlantis in Nassau, Bahamas. I also enjoyed smoking cigars on my Royal Caribbean cruise (particularly in the Viking Lounge, overlooking the ship).

3. Default

Royal Caribbean is pretty liberal about cigars. Of course no trip to Nassau is complete without haggling a street urchin over fake Cubans. It's a sport for me but surprisingly glass top Cohibas are nowhere to be found :(
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Royal Caribbean is pretty liberal about cigars. Of course no trip to Nassau is complete without haggling a street urchin over fake Cubans. It's a sport for me but surprisingly glass top Cohibas are nowhere to be found :(
    On my last trip to Nassau (this past April), they'd REALLY cleaned up with area around where the cruise ships dock. I was pleasantly surprised that I did not see nearly as many of the idiots selling the fake Cuban's and a MUCH larger police presence. Though they still have the knuckleheads trying to "give away" the cheap Chinese made necklaces that are supposed to look like locally crafted stuff. My wife nearly fell for that scam until I intervened...

The flea market that used to have tons of knock off purses, watches, etc. is now only selling Bahamas related SWAG. You can't find a Louis Vasquez purse to save your soul! LOL You can still pick up fake Cubans in the stores along the strip, but I even noticed they are not nearly as well stocked as I'd seen previously...

Thread Information